The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Interschools Championship
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Ready to Score?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to contribute to restore CAF’s reputation and elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit aSenior Manager – Interschools Championship.
- Assist the CAF General Secretary in defining the strategy for the implementation of CAF/FIFA Pan-African Interschool Championship – including the format, calendar, and fixtures of each stage.
- Draft all corporate communications to the Participating National Associations to engage in the competition.
- Register and follow up with the Participating National Associations.
- Supervise and assist the Project Coordinator – Interschools Championship.
- Cooperate with relevant stakeholders such as FIFA, Ministries of Education, and other CAF divisions/departments.
- Communicate with the relevant CAF Standing Committees.
- Prepare all the documents of the final Competition. (Such as Official Draw, Host appointment, letters to qualified teams)
- Prepare the files for relevant CAF Standing Committees members during the final competitions.
- Statistics and Communiqués of the final competition.
- Master’s Degree in Management, Sport Administration, or equivalent.
- Minimum five years of work experience in managing football competitions or experience in a similar role.
- Willingness to travel to different African nations according to the demands of the CAF/FIFA Pan-African Interschool Championship.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); fluency in another official CAF language (French or Arabic) is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office as well as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Passion and high knowledge of African football.
- Communication and intercultural skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Team player, Capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient.
- Strong level of proactivity with a strong sense of accountability and integrity.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The position will be based at CAF headquarters in Cairo (Egypt). Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will be considered, regardless of gender, age, and nationality.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and wish to work for a leading international sports organization, please submit your Application.