Leadway Assurance Company Limited was founded in 1970. Sir (Dr.) Hassan O. Odukale, (KJW, D.Sc., FCIIN).It has a chequered history of being a company with close attention to relationships, having started operations as a direct motor insurance company. Soon the relationship developed to a stage where it has established a deep relationship with the brokers’ network in Nigeria, enjoying 80% of its current business from this source.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Ref No: 2200004R
Location: Maryland, Lagos
Reports to: Financial Controller
Direct Reports: Finance Analyst
Job Type: Full-time
Organization: Leadway Assurance Company Limited
Job Purpose Statement
- This role support the team in ensuring timely and accurate completion of financial reports: To enhance business decision making, substantiate key balances and ensure there is no regulatory laws/accounting standards infraction or fine.
These objectives will be achieved through the following:
- Timely preparation of monthly management reports before 5th of each subsequent month.
- Prepare, review & submit NAICOM returns within stipulated timelines.
- Review to ensure that the Financial Asset reconciliation and schedules are properly done, data are adequately capture and are in the right format
- Preparation and submission of Investment properties schedules in a timely manner.
- Reconcile technical numbers with internal stakeholders’ i.e. UPR, Reinsurance expense, Reinsurance recoveries & recoverable, outstanding claims, Insurance contract liabilities etc.
- Prepare and submit ALM income analysis on a monthly basis for the Technical team.
- Review and supervise Product reconciliation i.e. premium production, claims & DA.
- Review inter –companies related postings on a periodic basis.
- Prepare schedule and ensure sign off of reconciliation with subsidiary and related companies
- To support in Coordinating External Audit.
- Generate both periodic and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Customer Service
- External Auditors
- Finance related Consultants
Decision Making Authority /Mandates/Constraints: the decisions the position holder is empowered to make
- Aside all core functions and authorities ascribed therein; decisions are subject to approval by Financial Controller/CFO.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance related from a recognized Institution.
- Certified Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
Desired work experience:
- 5+ years of work experience in Financial, Statutory and Regulatory Reporting.
Leadway Assurance Core Values Behaviors (ISCORE):
- Integrity: Honesty, probity and uncompromised service consistently at all levels and with all stakeholders
- Service: A desire to help or meet the needs of others. The ability to respond to the changing needs of the customer while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Customer Focus: Customer Focus is the willingness and ability to give priority to customers, delivering high quality services which meet their needs
- Openness: Objective, Honest and direct in communicating feelings and stance on any issue that would help advance a circumstance or issue
- Respect for Individual: The ability to hold each and every stakeholder in high esteem, and value their input in service/product development and delivery.
- Excellence: To continuously seek to provide exceptional product and service to support aspiration for life and business with high impact results
Ideal Job competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Accounting and other aspect of accounting in general
- In depth knowledge of Insurance Accounting
- Ability to understand Investment transactions and give appropriate accounting interpretation as required by various laws & standards
- Good Knowledge of relevant Accounting standards i.e. IFRS, IAS etc.
- Must have an eye for details and be very observant of hidden issues inside numbers.
- Ability to think out of the box
- Ability to interpret financial reports and gain meaningful insight into it
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft office application such as Excel, Word, PDF, Power Point, Outlook etc. Must be able to use simple accounting application such as Microsoft Dynamics, SAGE, etc.
- Good Knowledge of Investment applications
- Ability to build accounts from Trial Balance to Final account with notes
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
Modeling and Forecasting:
- Ability to develop excel spread sheet financial models for various finance reports.
Research, Experiment & Evaluation:
- Ability to learn and be up to speed on new accounting trends and standards.
- Ability to investigate and correct outliers and irregularities in trends of key financial numbers in the books of accounts.
Good leadership & Interpersonal Skills:
- Good level of verbal and written communication
- Proactive liaison with colleagues in technical and non-technical.
- Build strong internal and external relationships
Flexible & Adaptable:
- Ability to swiftly adopt and adapt to structural and functional changes and responsibilities.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online