9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Datacom
- Provide necessary technical support towards IP/MPLS backbone, IP RAN, Internet, Gateway, International Peering Solution and Enterprise Solutions to meet specific business requirements
- Support IP/ MPLS Backbone Network, Technologies such as MPLS Core, MP-BGP, VPNs, VPLS, L3VPN,MPLS, Fast Rerouting, VRRP, BFD etc.
- Manage complex transformation International Networks peering and traffic engineering
- IP Routing Experience: OSPF, BGP, and BGP policing, Route reflectors and Confederations, Multi-homing solutions
- Review the detailed network designs and network configurations of the Network Engineering group to ensure consistency with the architecture, as well as gain insight into how to optimize architecture after real-world application.
- Support & manage all internet gateway routers, Public IP, and other Internet Solution to meet specific business requirements
- Technical knowledge of GSM/LTE environment and interaction of IP system with CS core, PS core, VAS, Interconnect and carrier services
- Review all changes to network configuration for technical accuracy and impact, and provide multi-protocol network problem resolutions.
- Maintain the integrity of configuration database and record systems and ensure IP/MPLS/Internet and network security integrity documentations are updated regularly.
- Responsible for end to end IP integrations for new equipment, Core switching equipment, VAS nodes, Media gateway, and GGSN /SGSN gateways nodes and interconnect nodes into IP network
- Monitor and ensure vendors’ adherence to contractual SLAs (vendor management).
- Conduct weekly & monthly network performance monitoring, trend analyses, capacity planning and expansion in line with network growth trends and increases in traffic
- Ensure that approved IP optimization tasks are executed according to schedule and with minimal distortion to service
- Consistently refine operating processes, systems and platforms to facilitate continuous improvement and ensure network operations meet operational delivery requirements
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
- Perform periodic network audit and network performance improvement measures
- Recommends network operational improvement measures
- Develop IP network operational strategy document
- Ensure best practice operational procedure
- Review, approves operational instructions / method of procedures
- Lead the troubleshooting of faults, enforce preventive maintenance methodology
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line Manager, IP and Enterprise Operations.
- First Degree in Electrical / Electronic / Computer Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of Four (4) years post NYSC relevant work experience.
- Experience in IP/MPLS networks and technologies in multi-service environments
- Experience with IP, IPv6, Ethernet, MPLS BGP VPN, VPLS, VLL and IP Service Edge deployment and operation. Good understanding of IP/MPLS and evolution towards an IP/NGN based technology.
- Clear understanding of the following protocols: MP-BGP, VPNs, VPLS, L3VPN, Fast Rerouting, VRRP, BFD OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MP-BGPQOS, NAT, IP routing and switching.
- Hands-on experience with Huawei, Cisco and Nokia IP nodes.
- Experience with Juniper nodes is desired.
- Excellent working knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Huawei and Nokia (Alcatel) routers and switches.
- Advanced QOS experience especially pertaining to VoIP and DOS
- Familiarity with any object-oriented programming language (Python, C++, etc.).
- Network automation and scripting skills.
- Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent in other DATACOM vendors listed above.
- Good understanding of mobile telecommunication network
- Advanced working skills on Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Service Continuity Management, Monitoring and Control
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Operational experience with large scale carrier multi-service networks.
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online