9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Data Carrier Operations
Job ID: IRC4811
- Perform PS-CORE end to end troubleshooting, conduct Packet core health checks, and carry out end to end KPI analysis and Performance optimization
- Ensure the implementation, maintenance and operations of Packet switch nodes and effectively monitor all data related links.
- Ensure prompt integration of SGSN/GGSN/MME/PGW/SGW nodes across the network and ensure effective operations and its maintenance.
- Ensure prompt integration of data roaming and resolution of related challenges.
- Analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of nodes, network and/or system within data service.
- Co-ordinate the integration of new BSC, RNC and eNode B to the packet nodes.
- Ensure implementation of various caching solutions and resolution of challenges.
- Follow up on data network activities on daily basics and ensure fault free network.
- Perform impact analysis of software upgrade and provide recommendation
- Co-ordinate routine maintenance of PS Datacom switches, firewall and routers in line with standard policies and procedures.
- Troubleshooting/Faultfinding/RCA in configuration/hardware/software.
- Deployment and Integration of new routers, switches and firewall on the network across various OEM (Huawei and Cisco) product lines on the core network.
- Ensure effective analyses of the Packet performance reports and proactively resolve any challenges
- Ensure integrity of public IP address against vulnerabilities.
- Integration and troubleshooting of VPN deployed on the network
- Perform PS Core Audit activity and resolution on identified loopholes
- Ensure that the PS Core nodes availability targets are achieved
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Carrier and Data Services
- First Degree in Electrical / Electronic or Computer Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in telecommunication sector.
- Good knowledge and experience with Linux and IP Networking, especially Transport, Internet and Application Layer (IPv4, IPsec, TCP, UDP, QUIC, HTTP/s, DNS, RTSP, SSH)protocols
- Excellent working knowledge of EPC/IMS/LTE architecture, interfaces and procedures, with understanding of key LTE associated technologies and functionality including IMS, VoLTE, SRVCC and CSFB
- IP Knowledge with minimum certification as CCNA (will be an added advantage)
- Good working knowledge of 3GPP, IETF and GSMA standards and architectures
- Knowledge and basic experience in cloud infrastructure and network function virtualization.
- GPRS (SGSN/GGSN)operational experience with focus on troubleshooting
- Fault analysis& Performance reporting/analysis.
- Personal Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online