Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Cost Estimator
Reference ID: R94674
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the Role?
- To deliver and maintain standard, consistent, and realistic cost estimates reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project.
Accountabilities are the following:
- Methodologies and tools for Cost Estimates- Utilize cost methodologies and tools to produce cost estimates inclusive of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up scope and costs. Incorporate project complexity factors into project estimates and assemble key input data such as project objectives, scope and execution plan.
- Formulate methodologies for deriving quantities from design parameters. Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks.
- Support reviews and assurance of cost estimates. Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs.
- Assess prospect scope and main components to develop consistent building block estimates (Type 0-2) for each concept under consideration.
- Translate the identified project scope and engineering deliverables into the estimate of capital expenditure costs composed of detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours (Type-3). Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances.
- Support Development of detailed project cost forecasts (Type-4). Incorporation of project actuals to date and detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours for to-go costs.
- Develop Estimate Plan detailing how the estimate will be developed.
- Develop Estimate Basis to document how estimate was developed.
- Manage Estimating Data- Support process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalize data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information. Support process to store Estimate files in a consistent, secure location.
- Utilize Technical, Economical, Commercial, Organizational & Political (TECOP) profile to establish appropriate deterministic cost contingency.
- Perform probabilistic cost risk analysis.
What We Need From You?
- Engineering or Quantity Surveying Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Estimator or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience including lead estimator positions.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Fully versed with Cost Estimating principles, techniques and industry standard tools.
- Good understanding of all phases of the project delivery process.
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry is preferred but not a must.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online