One Acre Fund Nigeria – Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to the Business Analyst Manager
Preferred Start Date:As soon as possible
About The Role
- We believe technology innovation is crucial to building the most efficient rural distribution network on the African continent.
- Our passionate Engineering team manages a range of web, chat, and mobile solutions to support our field operations staff, such as registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truckloads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, and BI decision-support solutions such as analyzing loan repayments.
- Our tooling landscape includes GitHub, JIRA, Slack, and Azure DevOps.
- Join a team of 6 Business Analysts working in Agile with 4 development scrum teams
- Support all Business Analyst activities: analyze and clarify requirements, support solution design, incident management, maintain functional documentation
- Contribute to our continuous improvements on development, quality, and project management processes
- Nurture a great team culture, provide mentoring to the team members and support their growth
Career Growth And Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are thegeneral qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in software industry, including 3-5years in a functional role (Business Analyst or Product Management)
- Compassionate style
- A desire to keep learning
- Experienced Agile (Scrum) practitioner – CSM/CSPO certification appreciated
- Experience in agriculture or human development is appreciated.
- One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
- Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address.
- Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose.
- One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.