The African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI) is a pan-African multilateral financial institution established in 2001 by African States. ATI was originally launched with the technical and financial support from the World Bank Group and has had more recent support from the African Development Bank. ATI has grown into a market leader for risk mitigation in Africa, establishing itself as Africa’s primary trade and investment insurer and one of Africa’s largest Development Finance Institutions with an outstanding portfolio exceeding US$6bn at year end 2019.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Actuary
- Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the role will also support both the Finance and the Underwriting departments and will help on risk analysis, stress testing, reserving, pricing and implementation of IFRS17.
- Develop or improve claims reserving methodologies
- Develop and maintain a reliable statistical database
- Develop a stress-testing model and conduct regular stress tests
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Develop or improve ATI’s pricing model and monitor pricing adequacy for ATI’s overall book of business
- Assist with presentation of rate impacts to key stakeholders including senior management and ATI’s major accounts
- Help optimize ATI’s reinsurance program
- Establish and document actuarial procedures and methodologies
- Provide data, analysis and support to various external and internal customers; including auditors, reinsurers and reinsurance brokers, when required
- Stay abreast of trends and innovations in the actuarial profession related to pricing, reserving, credit and related areas
- Develop a thorough understanding of IFRS 17 requirements from both an actuarial and accounting perspective
- Advise and provide the necessary support on the IFRS 17 implementation project and proactively participate in the implementation of an IFRS 17 tool
- Coach other staff on the use and interpretation of standard actuarial procedures in the risk, underwriting, claims and finance departments
Qualifications & Attributes
- 6-8 years of experience in actuarial field, including supporting actuarial reserving, pricing or financial modeling in the financial sector, related to Corporate or Commercial Insurance. This experience period may include some time spent completing the qualification process
- Experience obtained in corporate or commercial banking or Insurance firms
- A combination of education and experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the work will also be considered
- Familiarity with appropriate data analytics tools
- Ability to deliver timely, organized and consistent results
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Written and oral English is pre-requisite
- French language proficiency is an added advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals.
Application Closing Date
Saturday, 11th July, 2020 at Midnight Nairobi time
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter, “Personal History Form” CV, plus details of their current remuneration package along with details of three referees to: email@example.com with “Job title” as subject of the email.
- ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview
- We reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.