Senior Accountant Job Recruitment at African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI) . The African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI) is a pan-African multilateral financial institution established in 2001 by African States. ATI was originally launched with the technical and financial support from the World Bank Group and has had more recent support from the African Development Bank. ATI has grown into a market leader for risk mitigation in Africa, establishing itself as Africa’s primary trade and investment insurer and one of Africa’s largest Development Finance Institutions with an outstanding portfolio exceeding US$6bn at year end 2019.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the following:
- Develop, maintain and implement proper operational controls for financial efficiency
- Ensure complete operational compliance with manuals and policies, Board and Management financial instructions and any applicable agreements
- Ensure that proper books of accounts are kept and are free of mistakes
- Ensure that deadlines are observed
- Manage monthly closure of accounts and ensure compliance with ATI’s Financial Statement Close Process (FSCP)
- Prepare, on a monthly basis and in timely manner, the financial reports, trend analysis, cash-flow projections, performance analysis, variance analysis (against the budget)
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly reports to the Board of Directors
- Prepare the annual Financial Statements in accordance to IFRS in timely manner
- Keep abreast of new amended and revised IFRSs, analyzing their impacts and making sure they are timely and properly implemented
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors
- Ensure that all standing instructions requiring any input control or action by the accounting unit are met and observed precisely and correctly at all times
- Supervise the work performed by the Accountants and ensuring all items are timely and properly booked, reviewing all journal entries before actual postings, reviewing all bank and balance sheet balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis and ensuring that all reconciling items are resolved in timely manner
- Maintain and improve ATI’s accounting systems in liaison with the consultants and/or the software developers
- Manage the annual budgeting process
- Participate in the approval process of both capital and operational expenditure and ensuring budget availability
- Keep the CFO fully informed at all times of any adverse or unusual circumstances which may affect the ATI’s financial position
- Oversee the administration of the payroll
- Oversee the maintenance of the fixed asset register and ensuring its accurateness and completeness
- Maintain and improve manuals, policies and procedures
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals.
Application Closing Date
Saturday, 11th July, 2020 at Midnight Nairobi time
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter, “Personal History Form” CV, plus details of their current remuneration package along with details of three referees to: email@example.com with “Job title” as subject of the email.
- ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview
- We reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.