With the goal of making it simple for one billion people to access and utilize money, Paga is a leading payments firm in Nigeria with a licence to provide financial services. It was established on the straightforward premise that the pervasiveness of mobile phones could be used to create an ecosystem that allows people to send and receive money digitally and to make financial access simple for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Consumer Finance
Reports To: Finance Manager
Career Level: Grade 8
About the Role
- Paga is looking for a passionate, self-driven and experienced Senior Accountant to join our team!
- As the Senior Accountant, you will keep financial records, prepare reports, and update financial information.
- You must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting software programs (like SAP and Oracle).
- The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, prepare management accounts and other financial matters. Proven accounting experience is required.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Supervise month end financial activities. Assign and enforce deadlines for all stages of the closing process. Assist and contribute to the yearend closure process
- Fixed assets management and accounting
- Inventory control and accounting; to include daily analysis to predict potential challenges with the aim of reducing obsolete stock
- Supervise the delivery of internal and external audit
- Take ownership of the application and accounting of prepayment and accrual transactions
- Responsible for managing payroll journals at month end
- Assist the Finance Manager in managing and accounting for the company’s investment portfolios
- Ensuring tax compliance and prompt remittance
- Loans and grants management from point of acquisition to final repayment
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management report for review by supervisor
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Comply with International Financial Reporting Standard for financial statements
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Produce error-free ad-hoc accounting reports and present their results to supervisor and management.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc Degree in Finance, Accounting or any related field and must be a chartered accountant (ACCA or ICAN) with at least 3-years post qualification experience
- Minimum of 6-years’ experience in accounting, audit, or finance related function
- Proficiency across Data and Financial Analysis
- Experience in Nigerian tax regulation and management is an added advantage
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and other accounting packages
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
- Highly motivated and result oriented with a keen eye for details
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative mind
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Ability to keep confidential information and always remain discreet
- Ability to work and deliver within deadline without supervision
- Good understanding of IFRS standards
- Ability and willingness to meet deadlines consistently
- Integrity and high personal ethical standard
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage financial records
- High analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a broader team of different levels
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
- Experience in communicating and influencing senior stakeholders
- Decisiveness, good judgement, strong organizational skills
- Self-Driven and smart working.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online