Glyde Lubricants is one of the fastest growing independent lubricants producers in Nigeria. We are endowed with highly motivated and enthusiastic professionals driven by vision to excel in the production of quality products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking to employ a Senior Accountant to manage the accounting activities in the various regions of the country.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Plan, direct and control the current to long term development of the group following corporate objectives.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of current accounts monthly.
- Review the integrity of monthly management reports to aid management decision making.
- Direct the implementation of strategies by units within the group.
- Review, consolidate and approve requests to ensure that the group has adequate human and physical resources to enable it to meet stated objectives.
- Keep abreast of and constantly monitor and interpret work guides and references to ensure the business operations comply with requirements of relevant statutory and regulatory authorities.
- Set and monitor performance indicators of the Group to ensure that expectations of customers are met within the provisions of relevant statutory and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide leadership and direction for the group and guide the units’ activities to ensure attainment of the group’s current to long-term strategies.
- Review and approve Management reports from the various units.
- Review the statistical analysis report on units’ income and expense items to identify the basis for deviations from the plan and review results with appropriate units.
- Establish and implement operating procedures to ensure proper accounting-related areas.
- Ensure proper compliance with all financial legislation’s related to the business of the company.
- Oversee the company’s investments portfolio to ensure that the company’s interests are safeguarded and investment goals achieved.
- Review and make recommendations to the Executive Management on suggestions by the Head, marketing / sales
- Review and approve management and statutory reports on assets, capitalization and liquidity position of the company for board/regulatory purposes.
- Develop policies for credit sales by keeping abreast with various changes and regulations that impact the operations of the company.
- Develop Unit Heads and monitor their performance to enhance their abilities and tactical management skills
- Take necessary and prompt corrective actions to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the organization.
- Submit a periodic report on the business operations to the Managing Director and recommend remedial actions to correct deviations from the plan.
- Liaise with regulatory / supervisory bodies on behalf of the company.
- Ensure that subordinates attend suitable training courses for their development
- Attend various meetings such as sectional head, budget committee meetings
- Liaise with other sectional heads in setting the cornerstone’s strategic direction, objectives, goals and action plans for the group.
- Participate in policies, procedures and programmes formulation.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
- BSc in Accounting / Finance, Master of Business Administration (MBA) & ACCA/ ICAN
- Successful 7 – 10 years of cognate experience particularly in manufacturing sector/industry.
- Strategic management skills, relationship management skills, as well as operation leadership skills and decision analysis skills. Negotiation skills, communication skills, analytical skills, empirical knowledge of the industry.
N150,000 – N200,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Position as subject of the email.