PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security and Infrastructure Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 386532WD
Employment Type: Full Time
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS – Network Management
Management Level: Manager
Job Description & Summary
- A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network.
- You’ll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhance security of internal information and protect our firm’s intellectual assets.
- Our Information Security Technology and Operations function identifies technology trends and opportunities to build, integrate, and operate technologies throughout the PwC environment.
- The goal of this team is to lead the development and operations of global enterprise solutions, platforms and technologies that enable PwC professionals to work more efficiently and more securely while delivering the highest level of service to clients.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework.
- It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Job duties include support for Perimeter Services (Firewalls, Proxies, and IDS) and Web Application Protection with a focus on Perimeter Services
- Ensures that standards and procedures are followed during design and implementation Responsible for monitoring the systems to ensure the highest level of infrastructure performance availability.
- Participate in planning, hardware resource availability and the development and or introduction of new applications and services.
- Manages staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans
- Perform asset management, including maintenance of components inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Provides “ownership” of the problem management process through to final resolution.
- When necessary, plan and coordinate the installation of hardware, configuration and regular maintenance.
- Manage and ensure the daily operation and compliance activities are in accordance to NIS standards of devices, both virtually and physically.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions.
- Monitor and test device performance, including conducting packet captures to assist in troubleshooting and incident resolution.
- Conduct performance reviews and corrective action in conjunction with Network Operations mission.
- Cloud management (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Working with the SME and Engineering functions to design and implement solutions.
- Participation in the resolution of critical major incidents
- Participation in Technical training and mentoring other members of the global team.
- Minimum years of experience – 3 years
- Certification(s) Preferred: CCNP, CISSP, PCNSE, Palo Alto Certifications, Splunk Fundamentals
- Demonstrated hands on experience with the following:
- Troubleshooting: TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Unified Communications
- Layer 2 Technologies: STP, vPC, SPAN, VxLAN
- Layer 3 Technologies: QoS, MPLS, OSPF, BGP
- Security Technologies: IPsec, Next-Gen Firewall
- Must have the ability to analyze the above technologies utilizing Wireshark to identify network connectivity issues.
- Must have hands-on knowledge with the following equipment and applications: Cisco routing and switching, F5 Load Balancers, TACACS+/Radius, Palo Alto Networks Firewall, Nexus, WAN acceleration along with multi-vendor network hardware and software environments.
- The core areas of focus for Perimeter Security are Firewalls (Cloud, Physical, Virtual, WAF), Proxies, IPS, and VPN. This includes but is not limited to Major Incident Response and Resolution, Tuning and maintaining solutions, providing mentoring to junior staff, improving security posture, operational projects, and overall operational process improvement.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills – communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans.
- Demonstrating experience in Web Application Protection(WAP), networking and firewalls
- Possessing proficient level experience with Web Application Firewalls, signatures, policy tuning, administration as well as the design and implementation of best practices.
Preferred Knowledge / Skills:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of complex network security incidents, to include packet capture and analysis, log review, and critical thinking;
- Building/deploying/configuring/managing firewalls in an enterprise level environment
- Demonstrating experience in networking and firewalls;
- Possessing specialist level experience with Palo Alto administration as well as the design and implementation of industry leading practices;
- Solving complex technical problems through engineering, including requirements analysis, design, development, implementation and testing;
- Demonstrating Security Risk Assessment for firewall rule implementations;
- Possessing knowledge of Azure NSG, Load Balancer, UDR configuration and troubleshooting;
- Managing Documentation for perimeter security environments;
- Developing global standards for Palo Alto technologies;
- Understanding security technology operational industry standards;
- Contributing to a central technology service organization;
- Navigating a matrix organization and collaborating with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skill sets;
- Leveraging facts and data when approaching problems and considering both the customer’s perspective as well as the enterprise’s perspective while focusing on overarching goals and objectives;
- Exhibiting capabilities to multitask, performing and delivering results as both part of a team and independently;
- Demonstrating relationship and team building skills that foster an inclusive and collaborative environment for stakeholders and team members; and,
- Collaborating with design and build engineering teams to establish maximum capability of security solutions are achieved in the run state.
- Scripting & Automation capable.
Application Closing Date
19th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online