PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security and Business Resilience Associate
Requisition ID: 390606WD
Employment Type: Full Time
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS – Information Technology (IT)
Management Level: Associate
- A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network.
- You’ll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhances security of internal information and protect our firms intellectual assets.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level.
- To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework.
- It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
Job Description & Summary
- The Security and Business Resilience Associate is a role that support the business resiliency and network security standards by monitoring physical security activities, across internal and external PwC locations within the country.
- The Ideal candidate will be responsible for reviewing and reporting on people, firm and client safety process, protocols and see how they align with Global network standards and ISO standards by securing the office premises, conducting effective patrol of persons and property, monitoring surveillance equipment, identify and escalate policy and procedure violators, monitoring and reporting pandemic issues, providing report of security incidents conducted within the form, security alerts and security advisory.
- The position collaborates with the Business Continuity team, the Risk & Quality team, Office services team, IT and Human resources team, Office of the General Counsel.
- Liaison Services: Supporting in serving as a liaison between the firm and the security provider, law enforcement agencies and other public safety officials, facilitating discussions on behalf of the firm.
- Sending out Security/Travel advisory updates to staff members in a timely manner.
- Understand the risk ratings and send out safety advisory to staffs going to high- risk areas
- Review of the surveillance system in the event of missing items and identify trespassers
- Liaison with onsite security guards to ensure staff wearing of staff Id-cards and use of access cards
- Monitor all security controls within the firm, including Security guards’ activities and performance
- Supervising the routine maintenance of the firm’s security equipment (surveillance system & Access controlled doors)
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Handle, manipulate and analyze data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Assisting the Security Director with assigned projects combing the following blend of activity, Emergency response, Business continuity planning, Contingency planning, Crisis management, organizational resilience, and other administrative tasks.
- Assist in providing journey management activity for staffs and the international Business travelers and follow up with staff members with intentions of taking local travels to complete the mandatory travel safe training before embarking on an engagement.
- Routine activation/deactivation of access to staff and restriction of access to visitors
- Spooling out the daily activity report for security inspection against irregularities on the access control logs or camera recordings and escalate incidence.
- Work with firm’s Local Security Director on all security and business resilience activities to ensure a consistent flow of duty.
- Assist in the organization of security awareness training for staff and third parties.
- Mapping out a security strategy that supports and extends Business resilience, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the firm and why. Continuous evolution of strategy is a must.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- First Degree in any discipline with minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
- Professional certification in Security Management will be an added advantage.
- Experience: 1 year experience in the Health and Safety field will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies includes:
- Excellent Customer Service ability.
- Possess logical thinking innovative Skills.
- Excellent communication Skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Has strong multitasking, attention to details and organizational skills.
Possesses the willingness to learn and embrace change and to adapt new work techniques
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suites.
- Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Application Closing Date
18th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online