World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Secretary (PEP-Technical) – GS6
Reference ID: 2106988
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- Under the supervision of the Operations Officer and general guidance of the WHO representative, work is performed in a typical office environment.
- Work is assigned by supervisor who gives instructions on non-routine matters.
- Routine tasks are performed independently. Work is reviewed upon completion for overall accuracy, timeliness and attainment of objectives.
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve Main Objectives)
- Provide Administrative support to all the PEP Cluster Officers.
- Draft, review and revise correspondence, reports and documents for proper format and content in consultation with the supervisor.
- Independently compose correspondence of administrative nature, take notes at meetings, etc.
- Prepare and process travel requests for team members using GSM, work with the travel unit to arrange for visa issuance, security clearance, flight and hotel bookings, follows up travel related issues of national and international missions;
- Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluate the urgency or critical nature bringing them to the attention of the responsible staff.
- Organize the administrative preparation of internal and external meetings, including letters of invitation, cost estimates and travel requests; assist in the preparation of documents; sending materials and liaising with participants and others involved;
- Maintain and update the filing of technical documents and correspondence (soft/hard copies and databases if applicable). Create background reference material as appropriate; access and retrieve relevant material;
- Respond to and act on telephone enquiries in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent supplemented by secretarial training.
- Desirable: Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field is an asset.
- Essential: At least 8 years progressive administrative experience.
- Desirable: Experience in other areas such as Program Management would be an asset. Experience in WHO/UN system.
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
- Desirable: Knowledge of the other UN languages.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Fosters integration and teamwork
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Knowing and managing yourself.
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources;
- Good filing and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors.
- Very good time management and stress management skills.
- Knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures.
Application Closing Date
11:59 PM: 21st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.