SC Johnson (SCJ) Recruitment 2020/2021 for Head of Sales – Traditional Trade. SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Sales – Traditional Trade
Job ID: 13530
- We are looking for an experienced National Sales Manager to join our team in Nigeria covering Traditional Trade. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the purpose of this position is to lead the Nigeria SC Johnson and Distributor Sales organization to deliver the business Net Sales, Market Share and Profitability targets.
- The Head of Sales – Traditional Trade will work need to work closely with Nigeria Customer Marketing Manager, Sales Operations, Modern Trade and Supply Chain teams to execute customer programs in local market and work with Cluster Lead team members in Marketing, FP & A and Demand Planning to ensure country priorities are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve Net Sales and Profit targets as per budget for Traditional Trade in Nigeria.
- Lead Traditional Trade Sales associates and Distributor sales organisation to achieve In Market Sales targets as per country plan
- Grow Nigeria Pest Control Market Share and Weighted Distribution targets as per budget
- Ensure development, implementation and tracking of Joint Business Plans with all Traditional Trade Distributors
- Effective management of SCJ Traditional Trade personnel in the achievement of set Business Objectives including guidance and coaching of department personnel in order to achieve set objectives and identify and resolves any issues that may arise (with the assistance of the Country Manager, if necessary)
- Ensure normal day to day traditional trade activities are actioned on time: Price Increases, FOCO, Promotional Activity, Reviews etc.)
- Ensure all business relationships with distributors are managed through updated SC J contracts
- Attend monthly Demand Meetings in order to ensure accurate volumes (by Distributor), are incorporated into the S&OP/Demand Forecasting process
- In collaboration with Sales Operations, Determine, Control and Manage trade spending for Traditional trade as per agreed country budget.
- Implement price strategy as defined by SCJ as per expected timelines. Provide Fact based feedback on yearly price increase before and after implementation
- Execute FOCO activities, Promotional activities and Trade programs as per guidelines in Traditional Trade. Conduct Post implementation reviews
- Prepare and conduct Monthly Distributor reviews and identify and implement corrective actions or business opportunities
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree level education with MBA
- 5-7 years sales experience in a global FMCG company
- Clear understanding of Trade Channels in Nigeria and knowledge of the categories, pertinent key customers, and key competitive set. Good knowledge, understanding and practice of DP scheme/modern route market and brand visibility in trade and instore.
- Experience of managing a team of Regional Sales Managers is essential and experience and ability to work across Countries/Regions and confidently work with senior stakeholders is crucial
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with strong stakeholder management experience – fluency in English is a must.
- Results orientated and able to work independently and to strict deadlines with a sense of ownership, drive and can-do attitude.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online