Paga is a mobile payment company. We are building an ecosystem to enable people to digitally send and receive money, and creating simple financial access for everyone. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Sales Training Manager (Senior Associate)
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector / Industry: Financial Institution
Reporting Line: HQ Sales Services Manager
Career Level: 3 – 5 years relevant experience to design and deliver educational programs for our sales teams.
Department: Sales & Distribution
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Role
- A Sales Training Manager is principally responsible for conducting skills gap analyses, preparing learning material and evaluating results after each training session. For this role, he /she will work closely with our salespeople and agents to identify challenges they face on-the-job/business and recommend ways to increase work/business productivity.
- The candidate will also be required to utilize various training techniques / learning styles with educational models like classroom training, practical role plays, seminars, workshops, coaching, e-learning as well as job shadowing.
- Develop continued education/sustainable training content/methods that will help our agents grow their business and also see the quality of Paga’s partnership beyond commission.
- Help increase the overall performance of our sales teams i.e. develop and implement a training improvement plan that will assist the sales teams to deliver on their revenue targets while optimizing team performance and enhancing team morale/productivity
- Enhance the training content for existing sales staff and new hires.
- Determine the training needs of existing sales staff, managers + external stakeholders (agents, aggregators etc), analyse performance gaps and develop training initiatives to drive results and ensure they have the skills to achieve their goals.
- Keep sales staff informed and trained on any new and/or updated product, policy or process change as well as industry news, trends and developments
- Stand as a curator for all training designs, methodology and documents developed to aid the knowledge base in the agent network sales department
- Measure and evaluate the training effectiveness (long after the training event) to help set new needs assessment standards
- Maintain training records, statistics and share monthly metrics with senior managers.
- Proactively motivate, inspire, coach and provide feedback to sales staff
- Set overall sales training budgets factoring in the time, cost, efficiency and needs of all trainees.
- Ultimately, the ideal candidate will take the role of being an actor, facilitator, lecturer, teacher, organiser, coach, assistant, leader, preacher, philosopher, manager, diplomat, accountant, stimulator and specialist- as applicable to the trainee needs and learning groups (levels).
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Candidate must have the ability to develop/handle training projects, meet deadlines and work under minimal supervision. He/she must possess the ability to train and be trained; a fast learner.
- Ability to listen i.e. fully sound out training audience
- Ability to focus on a task to its completion, despite obstacles or unforeseen circumstances
- Ability to organize task and set priorities- plan and effectively allocate resources appropriately
- Ability to work well under pressure or opposition, while maintaining effectiveness and self control
- Ability to be either flexible or firm on a decision, depending on the required situation.
- Strong leadership skills i.e. ability to motivate, influence and advice people
- Excellent time-management, organization and prioritization skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously i.e. ability to multi-task
- Proficient in MS office suite – PowerPoint required
- Have good knowledge of designing e-learning materials for remote learning
- Good understanding and experience of sales force
- Ability to speak brilliantly before an audience i.e. excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to easily adapt to the needs of the sales groups
- Strong passion to help others to learn while creating an atmosphere of openness and trust
- Ability to pay attention to details and give clear/precise instruction (teaching methods)
- Ability to regularly evaluate the efficiency of sales knowledge share.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume via email to: email@example.com Email subject should be “Sales Training Manager Role at