Korapay is a payment infrastructure servicing a wide band of businesses making local and international payments. We are a marketplace for digital financial services across Africa. Our vision, which is at the core of what we do every day, is to create a world void of digital financial barriers across Africa. We are committed to delivering reliable, secure, and easy to use digital financial solutions to every single customer with a guarantee that it is improving their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales & Partnership Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Sales & Partnership Manager at Kora, you will be responsible for expanding our clientele, you will identify new opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
- You will also be responsible for identifying new business prospects and selling our products to them.
- In this role, you will maintain relationships with current clients and build and maintain relationships with new clients.
- You’ll be driving our growth machine, reaching out to businesses, meeting clients, pitching, negotiating and closing deals with High-Value Merchants.
- We are looking for a tenacious and vibrant salesperson who is self-motivated and has the passion to sell as well as to grow a career in sales in the payments industry.
- By your third month, grow monthly transactions on our platform to 750,000 (and beyond then grow it by 10%, MoM).
- Increase monthly revenue on the business to 10% MoM
- Grow a list of high-value merchants (HVMs) from 10 to 20.
- Grow our international business
- Grow our merchant verticals with priority in high-risk sectors.
Here are a couple of things you’ll be doing:
- Managing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients.
- Building a pipeline of prospective partners, and then aggressively pursuing the highest value relationships to close.
- Sell our APIs to High Volume Merchants (HVMs), medium-level merchants and institutions and collect APIs from all banks/fintech and other strategic partners for a more robust infrastructure.
- Managing your own sales pipeline: prospecting, leading meetings/negotiations and deal closing with business stakeholders in all industries.
- Deep understanding of how to create a new business offering from scratch via different forms of partnerships, and strategic investments while keeping a laser focus on revenue, profitability, and market share growth.
- Recommend and implement appropriate strategies and design tactics to improve B2B sales.
- Understanding the industry, business, and/or technology trends and competitor strategies to make effective decisions and compromises.
- Maintain an expert level of understanding of the company so as to provide knowledgeable support to top clients and potential partners both externally and internally.
- Collaborate with other teams to make negotiations on behalf of the business to relentlessly deliver solutions that will serve evolving customer needs and drive an exceptional customer service culture.
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business and implement sales strategies that will further drive enhanced revenue generation for the business.
- Present sales and revenue forecast to the Head, Sales. Since it’s your pipeline, you’ll be able to inform and update the team on your progress and successes.
- Give market feedback to the Product team regarding solutions and how we should develop since you’ll be seeing and hearing what businesses need.
- Work closely with the Product, Merchant Success, Operations team to translate relevant data and insights into actionable strategies that will drive sales and lead to achievement of targets.
Here’s what are we looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Sales Manager, Business Development Officer or similar role experience in a fast-paced B2B payment infrastructure environment, financial services or banking industry.
- In-depth knowledge and technical understanding of the organization’s business, product, and service offerings.
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
- A self-starter, who understands how to build and manage their own pipeline of opportunities.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise of selling business services to large businesses.
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients and an ability to influence stakeholders.
- Great written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as good presentation skills.
- Empathy, a collaborative spirit, a sense of humor and a positive attitude.
- Finally, someone with the ability to sell water to a drowning man!
- Health Insurance
- Sponsored and Tailored training
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Style
- Internet Allowance
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Pension Plan
- The opportunity to work with a highly collaborative team-building something great!
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online