UpEnergy brings aspirational energy saving products within reach for low-income communities. We create valuable health and environmental outcomes by providing our users with products that improve their lives every day. Our approach combines local, on-the-ground teams leveraging our platform to best serve users, with over a decade of experience building platforms that generate valuable carbon emission reductions and allow us to provide our products to local communities at affordable subsidized prices.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Sales Associate
- Develop a comprehensive sales and distribution strategy for UpEnergy products:
- Establish new sales initiatives and grow existing initiatives in order to ensure that UpEnergy meets all product sales milestones through the development of efficient channel sales.
- Reach all sales targets in the UpEnergy KPI document or as agreed between UpEnergy’s Country Manager and the employee.
- Oversee management of allUpEnergy Sales divisions:
- Provide periodic training and feedback to staff on effective sales techniques.
- Oversee recruitment of additional sales staff.
- Develop and oversee VSLA sales program
- Work with the Country Director to ensure efficient and transparent stock handling processes
- Contribute to a comprehensive sales plan for increasing sales of all UpEnergy products in both
urban and rural areas including:
- Logistics planning – work with the Inventory Associate to coordinate delivery of product to market, collect payments where appropriate, service product warranty requests as well as hosting potential partners.
- Supervise sales team.
- Work with Country Director and local partners to run effective and well-targeted marketing campaigns.
- Work with Country Director to incentivise sales team and distributors to collect end user data
- Set of controls within the Sales Division:
- Implement effective sales record keeping systems.
- Implement regular reporting on sales
- Supervise coordination of record keeping with Data Team.
- Assist in preparation for annual carbon audits
Does this sound like you?
- Experience with sales and marketing management
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent command of MS Excel; experience with CRM or social media and graphic design would be a plus
- 2-5 years work experience
- Ability to innovate and be dynamic
- Ability to work with speed, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse
- Strong Business acumen, start-up experience preferred.
- A multi-tasker that is creative, ambitious and able to take initiative.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and judgment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required level, in business, sales, marketing, or another commercial field
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)