JMG Limited is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, and industrial equipment. With over 10 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands (Caterpillar Inc, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Legrand, Ge Lighting, Kaeser Compressors, Thyssenkrupp), JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the development needs of the African market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Assistant (Showroom Sales Officer)
Employment Type: Full-time
Day-to-day activities will include:
- As a Sales Executive you will sell the company’s extensive range of Electronic Appliance on or above target. You will strive to deliver brand awareness locally. You will be a brand ambassador, always representing Millennia at the highest level.
- Focus on promoting and driving sales and hitting daily, monthly, and quarterly targets.
- Work together with sales and production teams to plan and execute Electronic Appliance promotions seasonally.
- Proactively generate orders and make sales, utilising showroom stock, catalogues and discussing different Electronic Appliance items and fabric options. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to propose alternatives to ready made stock, such as custom order items in the form of suitable fabrics and hardware options.
- Maintain and update the accessories inventory database. Maintain the accessories used for display purposes in-store. For example, ensure the bedding gets cleaned and steamed regularly. Be part of the team to create SOPs and update them on an annual basis.
- Responsible for the visual appearance of the showroom. Electronic Appliance must be maintained according to merchandising standards in the handbook. From seasonal floor plans to daily visual displays, you lead, direct and delegate the flow of product from receiving to the sales floor.
- Liaising with sales and procurement managers in live time to ensure availability of stock and ensure all orders are fully paid prior to delivery. Attention to detail and daily checklists are required for all orders to ensure delays and errors are minimised.
- Passing on retail leads (above the scope of showroom sales) to the sales team generated through showroom visits to ensure all sales potentials are realised.
- Ensuring the showroom, storeroom and ancillary areas are clean, tidy, and organised. Ensuring all stock is correctly labelled and priced (including dimensions and fabrics details). Ensure that catalogues, swatches, and samples are always available.
- Ensure there is always sales presence in the showroom.
- Preparing Daily, weekly, and quarterly sales reports for management. Communicate regularly with the management team concerning all aspects of sales, customer feedback/traffic and associate training/performance.
- Working alongside the management in team building, ensuring effective communication and development of individuals working in the showroom
- Regularly assessing competitor activity within the sector and establishing its impact on your showroom’s performance. Also, Keeping up to date with global trends in the interior design industry.
- Stay up to date on all store initiatives and communications that are received, sharing with associates when appropriate
The Ideal Candidate’s Personality and Qualifications
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 2 – 4 years work experience.
- Switched on, outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Experience in sales of Solar and Electronic Appliances is a plus and highly required
- A strong retail sales background – preferably with Electronic Appliance sales experience
- A good knowledge/appreciation of design, trends, and styles (in particular within the interiors sector).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with sound administration and IT competence.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.