Uniterm Nigeria Limited was incorporated in 2004. It has grown rapidly with professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy. Uniterm is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians. The workforce is made up of professionals drawn across the world.
Uniterm is under the management of highly technical personnel with combined experience level of 150 years. Uniterm is a member of International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) and the management staff are members of various professional bodies around the world. Uniterm has offices in Portharcourt and Lagos Nigeria, Houston in USA and Calgary in Canada. Uniterm has key Technical Partners in order to continue to use state-of-the-art technology to deliver services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Roustabout
- Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Crane Operator / Deck Foreman or other supervisor during deck / maintenance operations i.e. Assistant Crane Operator, Barge Engineer.
- Ensure all operations are carried out in a safe and responsible manner and responsible for correcting or notifying responsible persons of any unsafe acts and/or conditions which exist
- Actively participate in and contribute to pre-shift and Toolbox Talk meetings; Observation program, weekly or special operations safety meetings and ensure any concerns or issues are reported appropriately
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Borr Drilling’s HSE Management System; ensure compliance with Safe Systems of Work (SSOW), i.e. Risk Assessments etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of Company’s Integrity Management System and ensure understanding and application of updates, changes and working instructions
- Responsible for good housekeeping and ensuring deck is clean and free of all unnecessary tools and equipment
- Assist Crane Operator with loading and unloading supplies and during lifts; install taglines to prevent accidents, interferences and/or damage
- Act as banksman/slinger for all lifts and ensure a proper lift plan is in place prior to any lifting activity
- Ensure care and routine maintenance of all tools, rigging and equipment provided for Company use and all equipment on the deck is in good working order
- Assist with rig moves, jacking, skidding and pre-load operations
- Assist the Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) during helideck operations. Helideck Assistant qualified and certified.
- Operate forklift when required and when trained and holder of valid certification
- Relieve on drill floor as directed; operate machinery as instructed when competent
- Carry out fire watch duties and assist Welder where needed
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.