Action Energy, a company that operates in the downstream sector of the oil industry in Nigeria, with its head office in Abuja, is desirous of employing a team of young, vibrant and ambitious professionals who shall drive the vision of the company to fruition and build an enviable career in the industry.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Risk / Compliance Officer
Description of Responsibilities
- The Chief Risk Officer is responsible for and has the authority to make all decisions on risk management issues that directly impact the strategic direction of the company.
- The individual shall possess an intimate knowledge of internal business processes and the organization’s industry.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Risk Management.
- A Masters’ degree will be an added advantage
- Must have at least 5 years in risk management, insurance or liability research, or actuarial management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with insurance and liability as well as compliance standards for the industry, including financial, property, operational, or personnel reporting regulations, and standards.
- Must have extensive knowledge of financing and insurance strategies to build up preventative measures against potential losses.
- Must be a proven leader and manager, able to take charge and act assertively without guidance.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess knowledge of risk analysis, database management, risk metrics, and capital management.
- Extensive knowledge of legal requirements and compliance regulations.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to manage large teams.
- Must be both a problem solver and a risk taker.
- Proficient with risk management, auditing techniques, and accounting standards and principles.
Application Closing Date
COB 11th December, 2020.
Important Information / Notice
- Applications should be accompanied with 300-word essay on the strategy the applicant intends to apply to achieve departmental success while aligning with organizational goals.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.