PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research & Development Manager
Job Requisition ID: JR000760
Location: Ikorodu Factory, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
- Deliver portfolio of projects (product, technology, process) & initiatives in line with Business stage & gate process.
- Responsible for ingredients (& alternatives) sourcing/evaluation, assisting plant trials, initial production runs, internal sensory evaluation of products and final products commercial runs.
- Responsible for ongoing development and maintenance of recipes/formulations, methodologies and specifications.
- Support Commercial functions on relevant consumer evaluations, insight, trade visit etc. Support on Packaging development and Packaging quality deliverables. Resolve relevant issues on product, process etc.
- Support and deliver on relevant KPIs: Quality, Food Safety, Environment, Occupational Health & Safety, People (recruitment, training), Initiatives, Budget etc. Supervise/manage assigned employees in line with Business policies, values etc.
- Delivers on other assigned tasks/initiatives e.g., world class manufacturing,
Quality / EMS / FSSC / OHS Responsibilities
- Implement and comply with Business Quality, EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements relating to environmental aspects and impacts and other policies, procedures and /or regulations applicable to assigned jobs
- Understand and apply the intent of Business Quality, Food Safety, EMS, OHS and other policies to assigned jobs
- Understand the significant environmental aspects and related actual or potential impacts associated with their work, and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance.
- Understand roles, responsibilities and the importance of conformity with Business Quality, Food Safety, EMS, OHS requirements.
- Understand the potential consequences of departure from specified Quality, Food Safety, EMS, OHS procedures or legal requirements.
- Commercial (Marketing & Sales)
- Human Resources & Administration
- Supply Chain: Manufacturing, Engineering, Logistics
- Suppliers: Ingredients, Packaging etc.
- Regulatory & Government Agencies
- Relevant third parties
- PZ Cussons & Wilmar (Local Regional & Global Teams)
- B.Sc in Chemical Engineering, Food Science / Food Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or any other Science related disciplines.
- Master’s Degree & related professional qualifications will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role.
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, SPC etc.
- Excellent Quantitative Analyses skills
- Excellent Leadership, interpersonal & project management skills.
- Previous work experience in a Food industry (edible oil, Margarine, Seasoning)
- Proficient in English Language.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online