United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Officer
Locations: Lagos, Ogun and Abuja
Job type: Full-time
Experienced level: Mid-level
About the Job
- At UBA, we strongly believe that our people are critical to our success in building a sustainable and dominant business in the countries we operate in, across Africa and beyond.
- We go to great lengths to source, attract, recruit, develop and retain the best talent, wherever they may be in the world. To this end, we are always striving to:
- Provide a non-threatening environment that encourages and rewards role-model performance.
- Help our work-force maintain a healthy balance between work and their personal lives amongst others
- Interested in joining the UBA Tribe? We are looking to hire talent and skilled individuals as Relationship Officers at our Abuja, Oyo and Ogun Locations.
- To establish and maintain positive customer relationships towards the growth revenue for the bank.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Approach customers with the aim of winning new business
- Meet with existing customers to strengthen business relationships with a view to increase financial growth of the bank.
- Aggressively market the bank’s products to ensure favorable market response and optimum build-up of revenue.
- Follow up customers with dormant accounts, convince to resume dealings with the bank.
- Implement marketing strategies / programs laid out by the bank to boost profit.
- Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale.
- Achieve set deposit targets / Contributions by acquiring business / investment deals from Private, Public, Individuals and Corporates.
- Prepare documentation on the creation of risk assets to increase business office profitability
- Sell / Cross-sell and Upsell the banks products.
- Market the brand.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Business Manager.
- Delivery of all Set Financial targets.
- Achievement of Contribution target.
- Achievement of Demand deposit volumes, Savings deposits and Time deposits.
- Achievement of Trade Volumes.
- Customer Service delivery – Customer Satisfaction rating.
- First Degree in any relevant course of study with a minimum qualification of Second Class Lower.
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- The ideal candidates must be based within these locations and must currently work at a commercial bank in Relationship Management for Oyo and Ogun( 1-3 years) Abuja (3-7 years) experience required.
The ideal candidates must also be conversant with the following:
- Basic knowledge of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
- Business development and acquisition
- Marketing, Selling and Cross Selling
- Knowledge of current business trends and CBN Regulatory laws.
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers and determine what products or services would best serve those needs
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent Communications skills (written and oral)
- Marketing and Selling skills
- Leadership and negotiation skills
- Good Relationship management skills
- Confident and must possess excellent networking skills.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 23rd July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resumes to: Careers@ubagroup.com with the Role as the subject matter.