Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic – The institution was established in 1976 as College of Technology, Birnin Kebbi by the then Sokoto State Government and became The Polytechnic of Sokoto State in 1980. With the creation of Kebbi State in 1991, the institution was renamed The Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi and later, Waziri Umaru Polytechnic in 2002. Following the take-over of the institution by the Federal Government in 2007, it became Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic. Presently, the institution has 10 Schools and 34 academic departments.
The Governing Council of the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and shall be responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the institution.
- He/she shall perform such other duties as the Council and the Rector may from time to time require him/her to do.
- He/She shall be the Secretary to the Governing Council, the Academic Board, the Management and other statutory committees.
- He/She must be dedicated and loyal to the institution through the Council in the discharge of his/her duties.
Qualifications, Qualities and Experience
Interested candidates for the post of Registrar are expected to possess the following academic qualifications and experience:
- The applicant should hold a good Honors Degree in Social Sciences / Humanities or its equivalent with a minimum of Second Class Honors from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least seventeen (17) years of cognate experience; or a holder of Master’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least fifteen (15) years of cognate experience; or a holder of Doctorate Degree plus at least twelve (12) years of cognate experience.
- The candidate must be on the rank of Deputy Registrar for a period of not less than 5 years in the Polytechnic sector. Past and serving Registrars need not to apply. In addition, he/she must provide evidence of membership of relevant professional body.
- The candidate must not be more than 60 years at the time of application.
- He/she must demonstrate versatility in the management of staff and students in a tertiary institution.
- He/She must be of proven integrity, intellectually sound and professionally skillful.
- He/She must also be vast in Public Service Rules, Scheme of Service, Financial Regulations and Conditions of Service applicable in the Polytechnic Sector.
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology.
- Must be physically fit, morally sound, of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment.
- He/She must be a person who is not likely to exhibit racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional sentiments in the discharge of his/her duties.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- In accordance with the provisions of the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Act, 2019, the Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only. The salary and other conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefit attached to the position of a Principal Officer as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are expected to submit twenty (20) typewritten copies of Applications including Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of Certificates. The curriculum vitae shall cover the following:
- Full Names (Surname first in Capital Letters)
- Date and Place of birth
- State of origin and Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Contact Address including Telephone Number and e-mail
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academicand Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations
- Honours and Distinction (if any)
- Key Conferences Attendant and papers presented with dates
- Community Service with dates
- Present employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Mission Statement/Brief proposal on repositioning the Polytechnic / Registry / Library (as applicable) for enhanced service delivery
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three referees. Applicant should request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Ag. Registrar, Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Post of Registrar” on top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 1034, Birnin Kebbi,
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be required to present the original copies of their certificates and other relevant credentials during the interview.