The Kaduna State University (KASU) was established under the Kaduna State Law promulgated in May, 2004. The promulgation was a consequence of the obvious and felt need to boost higher education in the State. Consequently, two campuses were approved, one in Kaduna town and the other in Kafanchan. At present, the University has a total of seven faculties, thirty seven departments and twenty nine programmes fully established. In addition, there is a College of Basic Studies that runs Remedial Programmes in both Campuses. The University has established a Postgraduate School and a College of Health Sciences.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 5 years
- The post of the Registrar, Kaduna State University will be vacant with effect from 16th March, 2023.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Kaduna State University Law, the position of the Registrar is hereby advertised for suitably qualified persons to apply. Interested applicants are requested to note the following:
- The Registrar who is the Chief Administrative Officer and one of the Principal Officers of the University shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the dayto-day administration of the University.
- By virtue of the office, he/she shall be the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should possess a good honours First Degree in Humanities or related disciplines.
- Possession of relevant Postgraduate Degree / Diploma and registration with relevant Professional Bodies would be added advantage.
- Candidates are expected to have served for at least Fifteen (15) years in sufficiently
- Senior Administrative capacities as Deputy Registrar in the University System or in comparable establishments. Suitable candidates are expected to be knowledgeable on the operations of the University system and competent to advise and take executive action on matters of Planning, Design and Management in realization of the cardinal objectives of teaching, research and community service.
- Computer knowledge and its application are mandatory.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment for the post of Registrar will be for a single term of five (5) years.
- Salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Registrar in the Nigerian University system and as may be defined by the University’s Governing Council from time to time.
- The candidate shall not be more than 60 years at the time of application. Individuals who have served as Registrar in any University in the past eight (8) years or who are currently serving as Registrar need not apply.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Ten (10) copies each of their credentials, signed and dated Curriculum Vitae (VC) with the following information:
- Full Name – Surname first
- Marital Status
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area, State of Origin and Nationality
- Current Postal Address
- Educational Qualifications obtained with Dates
- Academic and Professional Bodies/Associations
- Present Working Experience, Status and Salary Level
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be your
- Present Employer, if any.
Candidates are required to submit their application under confidential cover in an envelope, sealed and marked “Post of Registrar, Kaduna State University” and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Kaduna State University,
Tafawa Balewa Way, P. M. B. 2339,
- The University shall not entertain any correspondence from any candidate on this matter.
- The appointment is only in accordance with the Kaduna State University Law.