MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Job Type: Permanent
- The Regional Sales Manager, Abuja would be required to manage and grow existing portfolio accounts within the region. In addition, the ideal candidate will support all sales units requiring physical meetings within and outside Abuja, identify opportunities for growth and increase revenue for Main One as well as improve the customer experience.
- He/She will manage existing relationships with identified customers, understanding their business model and market to be able to assist in the development of strategies that will enable both Main One and the Customer to grow and succeed.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing business relationships at a senior level with customers, identifying opportunities for growth and increased revenue for Main One as well as improving the customer experience.
- Managing existing relationships with customers, understanding their business models and markets to assist in the development of strategies that will enable both Main One and the Customer to grow and succeed.
- Engaging and interacting with decision makers at a senior level to identify new and emerging business opportunities for Main One.
- Building and maintaining productive business relationships with these decision makers to understand the Customers’ strategic direction and explore opportunities for Main One to gain a larger share of the customers’ wallets.
- Planning and managing overall business relationships between customers and Main One, being the primary contact person for accounts
- Working with other support teams such as Technical Sales, Legal, Finance and Service Delivery to resolve any customer queries or problems in a timely and effective manner in order to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Uncover new revenue opportunities and entry strategies to penetrate assigned accounts.
- Serve as the primary contact person for technical and business issues for assigned accounts
- Build and create productive customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Develop and make sales presentations on products and services to decision making audiences
- Maintain a good level of understanding and knowledge of Main One’s products and services, ensuring that customer enquiries and needs can be captured and dealt with accurately
- Follow up with the Technical and other relevant teams within Main One and at the customer’s site to ensure customer solutions are captured accurately requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Speak positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional brand image is provided at all times to customers and in the marketplace.
- Achieve high level strategic regulatory and stakeholder engagement with key regulatory and stakeholder personnel by undertaking the following tasks:
- Building strong relationships with key regulators and stakeholders through personal engagement, industry and MainOne-driven events, and other media to advance the long-term interests of MainOne.
- Identifying key stakeholder driven opportunities and milestones and leveraging on them for business advantage.
- Building strategic, mutually reinforcing networks and relationships with key stakeholders to gain intel, insider knowledge, stay abreast of issues, and opportunities to advance the interests of MainOne.
- Gain keen understanding of the regulatory environment; primarily the laws or rules that impact or enhance business and advise management of impending opportunities and threat
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline preferably Business Management with specialisation in Sales and Marketing.
- At least 12 years’ relevant sales experience preferably within the Telecommunication industry.
- Deep knowledge of Public Sector accounts
- Excellent networking skills
- Extensive knowledge of the sectors sales principles and practices
- Understanding of local markets, customers and competition in order to target needs and drive sales
- Ability to grow the business, with proven success of client return on investment
- Strong ability to uncover new revenue opportunities and create productive, long-term customer relationships
- Strategic self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and an ability to organize, prioritize, and clarify deliverables
- Ability to make business and people decisions, while creating positive energy in the face of challenges
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to balance it with moving with speed to achieve results
- Excellent Relationship Management
- Technical and Professional proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly energetic self-starter and able to work independently
- Strong experience in business to business sales
- Goal-oriented and business negotiating skills
- Strong customer service and relationship management
- Good research & report writing skills
- Good organizational, analytical and creative thinking skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strategic selling
- Solution selling
- Commercial acumen.
Demands of the Job:
- Managing Public, Private and Educational Sectors
- Retention of existing large portfolio accounts and growth.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online