Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Manager (Doroki)
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Department: Sales & Distribution
Sector: Financial Institution
Reports To: GM, Sales & Distribution
Career Level: Manager, Grade 11
- Doroki is a platform that makes paying, getting paid, shopping, and selling easier. Doroki is focused on digitizing SMEs across Africa. With Doroki, sellers can digitize critical aspects of their business – payment collection, sales management, reconciliation, inventory management, and access loans.
About the Role
- The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for leading and managing Doroki merchant acquisition and telesales efforts. The successful candidate will also cultivate, expand, and facilitate the day-to-day merchant’s engagement, focusing on delivering sustainable growth and achieving the company’s revenue objectives.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable spending significant time in the field meeting the merchants and working with them to exceed set targets. You must be someone with a strong ability to influence and work collaboratively across teams.
- The ideal candidate must have a clearly demonstrated track record in key merchant recruitment and management and should have produced meaningful sales revenues within a similar industry.
- To devise strategies, the candidate must also have demonstrated skills in driving volumes, relationship building, monitoring, and evaluating results. The candidate must also have demonstrated an ability to motivate a team, provide mentorship, and understand how to grow sales employees.
- You will also need to be someone who cares about others, is relatable, trustworthy, takes initiative, is calm under pressure and has great verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- Develop key growth strategies, tactics, and action plans for the team
- Achieve overall commercial targets set for the Doroki team; by managing and overseeing that the targets are in line with the objectives, numbers, and general goals.
- Expand relationships with existing top merchants by connecting with key stakeholders and proposing insights that deepen trust and provide an opportunity to grow.
- Work closely with internal departments to co-create new operational advantages and solve challenges that may impact or affect merchants.
- Communicate important company updates to the team and ensure that the information is understood.
- Plan and direct the day-to-day activities of the team towards the achievement of set targets and ensure the efficient utilization of resources
- Mentor & Coach sales executives and key account officers on practical strategies and methods for closing sales and managing partners/key accounts
- Work with relevant internal teams to ensure that merchants get adequate support and proper communication to drive satisfaction and usage.
- Develops and implements initiatives that ensure services are running as they should, and uptime is supporting transaction growth.
- Manage the analysis & monitoring of merchant channel trends to be able to make recommendations on business and service enhancements.
- Regularly meets with merchants, to review service operations performance and document all feedback.
- Use trends to engage proactively, support merchant business by introducing new ways to optimize channel.
- Engage the product team where required to provided user experience and required enhancement for product usage improvement.
- Manage team to ensure they are skilled, equipped and are motivated to provided daily operational support to merchants and the support team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Manage merchants’ expectations, adhere to company policies, procedures & controls, and ensure compliance with rules & regulations.
- Understand, utilize, and support the service architecture created for the support of Key Doroki merchants.
- Analyse & monitor key merchant collections and channel trends to be able to make recommendations on business and service enhancements.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
- At least 7 years relevant experience in sales.
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment.
- Must be able to develop and communicate competitive landscape analysis
- Proficient in the use of sales CRM tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Strong leadership
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Takes initiative and ownership
- Company and Customer expertise
- Skilled negotiator
- Value based selling
- Strong ability to motivate, influence and advice people
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Good judgement and decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written
- Strategic thinking skills
- Problem solving skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.