Lagos State Teachers latest job recruitment portal opens. Apply for Lagos state teachers position and recruitment today. Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Real-time Linux Kernel Engineer
- Real-time Linux is a key requirement for critical infrastructure like 5G cell towers, robotics and self-driving cars. We are excited to bring Ubuntu to the real-time space, and hiring specialist, quality-centric kernel engineers to build and maintain our real-time kernel.
- This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and the Linux kernel, in particular the real-time kernel extensions. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
- Canonical’s kernel team delivers a wide array of optimized Linux kernels for Ubuntu on many of the world’s largest clouds and data centers to robotics, IoT and edge compute.
- This new kernel position will help us extend some of our Ubuntu kernels for optimal performance for real-time workloads. If you have solid general kernel development experience, real-time kernel development skills and love the idea of producing high-quality, high-performance kernels, we encourage you to bring your talents to our growing Linux kernel team to help us provide the same world-class Ubuntu experience to real-time workloads.
What You will Do
- Collaborate with a distributed team to regularly deliver updated Ubuntu kernels
- Lead the design and development of real-time extensions in Ubuntu kernels
- Work with a variety of customer and partner engineers to resolve product issues
- Develop and submit software patches in Ubuntu and upstream
- Maintain Ubuntu’s reputation for highly secure kernels by resolving kernel CVE’s quickly
- Deliver Ubuntu quality continuous test improvement and regular execution of the Ubuntu kernel testing
- Work remotely with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
Who You Are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You thrive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar Degree
- You love contributing toward making the Linux kernel the best and most capable kernel in the industry
- You are comfortable with the Ubuntu development experience and open source kernel maintenance tooling
- You have a strong interest in real-time workloads and tuning the kernels to optimize their function
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world-class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs.
- We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About Lagos State Teachers: Earlier before 2005, the affairs, welfare and other related matters concerning teachers in Lagos State was coordinated and controlled by the Post- Primary Teaching Service Commission (PP- TESCOM) which was at some time headed by a Chairman / Executive Secretary till 2004. In 2005, the Teachers’ Establishment and Pensions Office (TEPO) was created from the defunct Post- Primary Teaching Service Commission (PP-TESCOM) by the Education Reforms Law of year 2005 which also established the Six Education Districts, each headed by a Tutor General / Permanent Secretary under the Administration of the former Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.