APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
Job Title: Reach Stacker & Empty Handler Operator (Female)
Department: Terminal Operations/Engineering
- Are you a female with a flair for operating Heavy Duty equipment’s such as Reach Stackers and Empty Handlers, then APM Terminals might have an opportunity for you.
- We are looking for bold and determined women that would love to be trained in the use of these equipment with an option for full employment after the training period.
- Operates Reach Stackers/Empty Handler, for receiving / loading / shifting containers in the yard for rail and yard operations.
- Inspects equipment at beginning of shift to ensure that all of the parts are operating properly.
- Identifies and reports any safety problems, malfunctions, or damage to yard handling equipment, before, during or after the shift.
- Follows safe operating procedures and instructions, preventing any injury to persons, or damage to containers and other equipment and property.
- Carries out duties and tasks in an efficient, productive manner.
We Are Looking For
- Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
- A bold and ambitious female, ready to learn for the future.
- Age range of 25 to 35.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license with at least 3 years driving experience.
- Holding a valid Class E driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- E xcellent visual acuity.
- Works well under pressure.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills.
- An opportunity to be part of a high-performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- An opportunity to be recognized as one of Nigeria’s pioneering skilled female heavy equipment handlers.
- An opportunity to be trained by licensed world class equipment trainers from scratch.
- An opportunity to change the norm in a male dominated industry.
- An exciting experience that positions you for stellar achievements.
- An opportunity to interact with a global organization that supports gender diversity and strength.
- An opportunity to be a part of a leading port operator in Africa.
- Opportunities to advance diversity and inclusion across the organization.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply