Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality and Risk Senior Specialist
Location: Eti-Osa, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Handles all Audits & IFRS technical consultation for the West Africa region.
- Responsible for thought leadership, consultations with internal audit practice and clients as well as the development of managers in Accounting Technical.
- Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
- The Q&A technical team will be responsible for the management of the system of quality control, portfolio risk review, management of EQCR/PSR type review for the region.
- Oversees the regional dashboards in conjunction with the Africa risk intelligence central team
- Actively leads and manages the systems of quality control initiatives, consistently exhibits an in-depth understanding of clients and capabilities needed to execute (specialist & capacity) projects, and is committed to business growth.
- Strong technical skills, a strong aptitude for research, and the ability to develop audit technical and thought leadership materials that are suitable for publication are critical for this role.
- Works with RIL in contract management and attend key client acceptance/continuance meeting such as CRB
- Acts as EQCR assistant on strategic engagements and supports the Audit Quality & Risk Partner in discharging his overall responsibility for deployment of all audit initiatives and tactics leadership.
Summary of Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact
- Budgets / Profitability
- Technical Knowledge
- Managing Engagement
- Written and verbal communications
- Audit Client
- Building Profile
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- B.Sc Degree / HND in Accounting and a Chartered/Certified Accountant Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- Audit experience
- IFRS technical experience
- Teaching and research experience in Accounting
- Qualified member of ICAN or ACCA
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Expert in the field with sound industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem-solving ability.
The Impact You Will Make:
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
- From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
- From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization.
- We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online