JMG is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, industrial equipment, elevators & escalators and HVAC solutions. With 20 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the development needs of the African market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QHSE Officer
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Inspect work sites and review working conditions
- Ensure that equipment is installed correctly and safely
- Ensure HSE management system is established within the organization, implemented and maintained
- Oversee disposal of substances according to environmental guidelines
- Implement preventive measures to ensure unsafe processes are not repeated
- Audit production, offices and branches, keeping on the lookout for any unsafe behavior or breaks in regulations
- Carry out regular site inspections to check HSE policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Assess risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations and give safety advice accordingly
- Keep records of HSE inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Help in creating analytical reports of safety data
- Inspect production equipment and processes to make sure they are safe and working in-line with factory ACT
- Advice on the repairs for unsafe and/or damaged equipment
- Focus on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training
- Present safety principles to staff in meetings or lecture-type training sessions
- Participate in creating safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
- Share safety information, suggestions and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company
- Participate in meeting company health, safety and environmental goals and objectives
- Investigate causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site to prevent recurrence
- Participate in finding the best way to prevent future accidents
- Conduct HSE awareness at regular intervals
- Conduct HSE induction for newly employed staff
- Participate in identifying adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all job task within the company
- Liaising with store department for PPE issuance
- Liaising with purchasing department for PPE budget and purchase
- Liaising with Government agencies on statutory and regulatory requirements compliance
- Take up IMS responsibilities such as reporting unsafe act, condition or procedure in the work place, participating in fire or emergency drill at work, participating in incident reporting and investigation when necessary and adherence to Company policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health, and Environment or related field.
- 5-7 years of proven working experience in Health and Safety role. Experience in Industrial/Manufacturing environment would be a plus. Experience in a unionized environment would be a plus.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using Job Title as the subject of the email.