The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is West Africa’s foremost examining board established by law to determine the examinations required in the public interest in the English-speaking West African countries, to conduct the examinations and to award certificates comparable to those of equivalent examining authorities internationally.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified persons to fill the vacant position below in its Nigeria National Office and WAEC International Office, Lagos Nigeria:
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer II
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be assigned duties in the Public Affairs Department and will be required to perform the following duties among others:
- Writing reports, Press releases and rejoinders of the Council
- Drafting speeches for various functionaries of the Council
- Building relationship with the media
- Keeping abreast of important reports/stories in the media particularly those related to the Council.
- Drafting and placement of advertisements/advertorials in the media
- Organising press briefings, courtesy visits and other events of the Council.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations or a related field of Study from a recognised University (at least Second Class Lower Division).
- Possession of Higher Degree and membership of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years post NYSC relevant work experience in the Public Affairs Department of a reputable organisation, or in the editorial Department of a reputable media outfit.
- Applicants who have not majored in Mass Communication (or any of the related field of study), who possess Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication are also eligible.
- Possess five (5) credits in SSCE/WASSCE including English Language and Mathematics at a sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants shouls not be more than forty (40) years of age as at the close of the advertisement.
- They must have undergone the mandatory one (1) year National Youth Service.
- Be able to use Personal Computers, MS Office software package and have knowledge of web-based systems;
- Be self-motivated and able to write good reports, analyse and review research reports;
- Be able to work extra hours with little or no supervision;
- Be a team player with good inter-personal skills and be open and able to lead change;
- Possess influencing, analytical and communication skills;
- Be an organiser / planner with ability to be flexible and to be able to successfully implement ideas.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary paid by the Council is very attractive.
- Point of entry into the salary scales will depend on qualifications and experience.
- The successful applicant will enjoy very good remuneration package that is in line with the Council’s Conditions of Service and will also be assured of full career development within the organisation.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A scanned passport photograph of size between 7kb to 30kb and dimension 275 x 314 pixels
- Educational qualifications (secondary and tertiary with uploaded scanned copies of certificates obtained). Size of upload between 50kb to 120kb, width between 400pixels to 1200pixels and height between 600pixels to 1500pixels
- You can only apply for a position if you have created a user account, verified your account and logged in.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application details should be completed and submitted not later than the closing date.