PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Risk Assurance Manager
Line of Service: Assurance
Management Level: Manager
Job Description & Summary
- A career in our Project Assurance Risk Assurance practice, within Information Technology Risk Assurance services, will allow you to develop and apply strategies that help clients leverage enterprise technologies so they can get a higher return on their investment, mitigate risks, streamline processes, and find operational inefficiencies. We assist clients in understanding and challenging their current risk profiles and develop strategies to build digital confidence by embracing opportunities to stay competitive through building trust and resilience into their technology systems. We cover a wide range of disciplines, including risk evaluation, operational and strategic Information Technology processes, project governance, application implementation, data integrity, cyber security, and accounting/audit.
- To gain a competitive edge, organisations are undertaking an unprecedented amount of change around their technology but they’re not without risks. Our team helps our clients manage these risks to avoid adverse operational consequences by putting in structures to mitigate deviations, portfolio optimisation and project management, and aligning the project with the business.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- As a Manager in PwC Digital Risk assurance practice, you will lead project risk assurance and project quality assurance engagements for our clients.
- You will support the improvement of current methodologies and modes of engagement delivery.
- You will provide value-added insights that help to improve project risk management practices across various organizations.
- Lead Project risk assurance engagements.
- Assist organisations to improve project management practices
- Conduct post implementation reviews of newly implemented systems and solutions
- Any other responsibilities assigned to you on a day to day basis
Education / Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance / Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and/or other business fields of study.
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience and sound understanding of Agile and Waterfall project management concepts/methodology
- Understanding of IT Project Life Cycle, project risks and experience with Software testing
- Experience with requirements elicitation and prioritization.
- Good understanding of concepts around software applications (mobile web, thin/thick clients, ERP systems), API’s, hosting arrangements (on cloud, on premise) and IT infrastructure (operating systems, databases and network systems) and how they operate
- Certification(s): Agile and waterfall Project Management methodology certification (Scrum, PMP, IPMA, DSDM Agile or similar certifications)
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Experience in Quality Assurance and Project Assurance.
- Ability to form strong interpersonal relationship with a wide range of stakeholders
- The successful candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills (both written and oral), the ability to deal with people across all levels of an organisation, a genuine interest in providing high quality service to clients, be commercially aware, show initiative, and be able to drive projects from commencement to completion
- Experience and enthusiasm relevant to our client services
- Good organization skills with influencing skills / leadership potential, energy and drive
- Flexibility to travel to out-of-town assignment
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible to work longer hours if needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Basic understanding of new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning etc.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online