54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Research Governance & Ethics
Reports to: Senior Director, Research Operation
- We are seeking highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the Research department.
- Candidates is required to be organized, analytical and thorough in owning, coordinating, managing and overseeing all aspects of project implementation from inception to completion within the set time frame, budget and scope.
- Candidates is required to think quickly and strategically when identifying and addressing challenges; and,
- He/she will display sensitivity and high levels of emotional intelligence when interacting with all stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop technically feasible project proposals that define the project scope, objectives, phased approach, and timeline for execution
- Develop SOPs to guide the execution of the projects on the field
- Determine resources (material and human) required to meet the objectives of the project, and allocate appropriately
- Prepare budget for project based on resource requirements, logistics and key activities required for the execution of the project
- Determine other department(s) required to join the execution team. Define the responsibilities of each departmental team member
- Develop detailed project plan showing the phases of the project, tasks/activities, resource requirements per task, team member responsible and timeline
- Establish and document the processes to be followed during project execution
- Define S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) KPIs specific to the project
- Perform risk management to minimize risks on the project
- Design (real-time) project tracker for monitoring progress, as well as a reporting template for weekly reports
- Coordinate the training / onboarding of key personnel required for executing the project, where applicable.
- Implement project using industry best practices and following all established processes and ethical rules and guidelines
- Create and maintain an organized comprehensive project documentation
- Track project costs to ensure activities are implemented within the budget
- Liaise with team members to ensure tasks are being achieved completely and in a timely manner
- Manage contracts with stakeholders by assigning tasks and communicating deliverables
- Monitor progress daily and make adjustments as needed
- Update project tracker daily or as frequently as changes occur
- Measure project performance, document challenges and develop action plans for addressing the challenges
- Discuss action plan with management and execute immediately.
- Prepare weekly reports highlighting key updates, trends and progress
- Share weekly report with management.
- Develop stakeholder management plan
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Keep stakeholders informed on all crucial changes that occur during the course of the project
- Hold stakeholders accountable in an emotionally-intelligent manner
- Identify stakeholders’ preferred means of communication and use this channel always.
- Conduct secondary research and literature reviews to support internal reports
- Perform valid and reliable market research relating to internal initiatives, as required.
- This includes but is not limited to: benchmark analysis, competitive analysis, industry analysis, gap analysis, and SWOT analysis
- Remain fully informed on industry trends and implement best practices.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a Life Sciences discipline)
- MBA, MPH, PhD, MD or other relevant Graduate or Postgraduate degree is a plus
- 5+ years of multidisciplinary experience in management consulting, pharmaceutical, diagnostics, or other related industry
- Certification in project management e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2, is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to think critically, take initiative and make strategic decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze large sets of data, interpret and report in a coherent format
- Excellent presentation skills: Proven ability to communicate a message in an articulate & professional manner
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven working experience in project management: Should have managed a team consisting of at least three other members on several short-to-medium term client projects.
- Authorization to work in the Nigeria
- Valid international travel documentation
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants are advice to share a writing sample and a presentation sample.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer.
- We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.