The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Management Officer
- The Project Management Officer is an analyst providing background information through research on relevant issues and interactions with relevant stakeholders. He/She is also a coordinator, supporting departments in a comprehensive approach to resource and partnership mobilisation and reporting.
- The aspirant is responsible for monitoring and reporting on the status of implementation of the various strategies, policies, projects and programs of strategic interest of the Director-General, providing needed support to teams to ensure quality and timely delivery, within overall policies and instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Selecting, organizing and summarizing background information to describe the overall context and background relevant to a project, assessing the local context for the planning and administration of individual projects.
- Evaluates and interprets project background history and documentation, identifying, reconstructing and documenting significant decisions and deviations.
- Champions effective project management through reporting of projects by using the right tools and methodologies. Track and report project performance using appropriate tools and techniques, developing comprehensive project management tools and techniques, including dashboard and other relevant tracking tools as needed.
- Organizes and coordinates projects to facilitate implementation of OPEC Fund’s strategic framework.
- Facilitates implementation of project management standards and best practices across the organizational teams.
- Enables effective decision making by clarifying organization-wide project undertakings, consolidating, and streamlining different multiple change projects across different teams, different objectives as well as different timescales.
- Provides regular updates and reports to senior management, flagging and escalating instances of delay and non-compliance and reporting on successful completion of short and long-term goals, within projected time frame and budgets (when relevant).
- Assists the senior management in making decisions that deliver to the organizational strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in the fields relevant to his/her expertise.
- Minimum of 10 years professional relevant experience in project planning, monitoring, reporting, analysis and assessment of a related field.
- Excellent IT computer skills in all common applications required for word processing, data analytics, graphs, report preparation.
- Fluent in English. Working knowledge of Arabic, German, Spanish, and/or French is an added advantage.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Plans and organizes his/her own work in support of achieving the team’s priorities as well taking into account potential changes and proposes contingency plans. The incumbent must be organized, knowledgeable and able to multitask.
- Demonstrate experience with innovation of projects, acquaintance with innovation of tools and methodologies.
- Takes time to listen to and understand the perspectives of others and proposes solutions. Define the project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Takes initiative in defining realistic outputs and clarifying roles, responsibilities and expected results. Evaluating his/her results realistically, drawing conclusions from lessons learned.
- Ability to build relevant strategic partnerships and alliances with key stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to design programmes/projects that support the achievement of development goals and identifies sustainable approaches. Must be quick to adapt to changing ideas, new trends, new strategies, expectations as well as work processes.
- Experience in working for an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Excellent knowledge of principle and application results based management; proven strategy planning expertise; knowledge of best practices and known methodologies and a proven ability to apply them.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online