The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Finance Manager
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Set up accounts / files to meet reporting requirements of donors on restricted on core project
- Produce of periodic financial statements on restricted core projects
- Monitor and follow-up on receivables from donors
- Ensure reconciliation and booking of financial statements to the general ledger
- Advise Project Coordinators/Scientists on financial status of Projects.
- Ensure computation and booking of overhead chargeable on restricted core.
- Ensure provision of annual budget for restricted core projects
- Review restricted core accounts
- Investigate and responding to queries from donors
- Prepare of restricted core status / receivables schedules and determination of yearend provision for Audited Financial Statements
- Monitoring and reporting on payments / justification to NARS.
- Coordinating closing of monthly accounts on oracle, setting up of periods in the system and
- Backstopping of Institute stations’ Administrators / Finance Officers on both financial and donor related issues.
- Liaise with Contracts & Grants Officer, Project Coordinators and Scientists on project-related issues
- Advising top Management on financial requirements / budgeting on contractual agreements with donors
- Responsible for ensuring adequate recovery of overhead on projects managed by the Institute on a regular basis
- Supporting the Accounts Receivable Module of Oracle
- Serve as member of the Institute Risk Committee that assesses and advises the Management & Board on Continuity Plan
- Signing of Cheques and making on-line payments (GAPS, Master Cards, etc.)
- Resource Person during Station Administrator & Accountants` meeting and Induction of new Staff
- Act as Contact Person for the Institute to the CRP Lead Centers
- Member of On-Campus Project Maintenance that supervises and monitor effectiveness of the projects
- Member of the Extended Management team that advises the Management on Project Execution and Sustainability
- Serve as Finance Directorate Training Coordinator
- Monthly review of IRS & NRS Payroll
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- MBA in Financial Management with fifteen (15) years relevant managerial experience performing similar role in a well-structured organization with possession of ACA or ACCA.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate especially in the use of Oracle application.
- Demonstrate a strong interest and understanding of the non-for-profit making work environment.
- Have strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a good team player
- Have sound analytical mind, excellent judgement, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Have good knowledge of basic donor requirements on project management e.tc.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.