Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The Spanish Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator Support
Locations: Shinkafi and Zurmi-Zamfara
Contract Period: Six Months
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in security management and project coordination. Ensure and maintain good relationship with local and national authorities and contribute to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Represent MSF externally with support from the Project Coordinator in both external and internal negotiations on behalf of the project
- Assist in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Monitor, analyze and report on key issues (context, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator through a sound knowledge of the different actors in the context
- Assist in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participate in the development of context related plans
- Assist the Project Coordinator on Internal and external Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the MoH staff, local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services.
- Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensure the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.)
- Organize advocacy appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Translate and review documents and act as an interpreter when needed. Assist the Project Coordinator in drafting correspondences with authorities and counterparts
- Prepare and conduct context and cultural briefings on the project context to new employees to facilitate their integration
- Assist the Project Coordinator with important context and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours.
- Perform assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
- University Degree level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
- Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment. Management experience a plus
- Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
- English and Hausa language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues/ In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
- Sound knowledge of local culture and customs.
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
3rd December 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Zamfara indigenes and Women / People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.