The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator (Humanitarian Hub)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Professional Staff, Grade P2
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
- This position of Project Coordinator (Humanitarian Hub) is aimed at coordinating and managing the Humanitarian Hubs which have been opened in Nigeria in response to the emergency crisis where United Nations Agencies, IOM and other humanitarian actors have lost adequate working and living accommodations. Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Senior Resources Management Officer, and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO), and the thematic supervision of the Sub-office Head, Procurement & Logistics, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the overall Humanitarian Hub and all Sub-Hubs in the Region of Northeast Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Coordinate with humanitarian partners, international and national non-governmental organizations, and United Nations Agencies, regarding the development and needs within the Humanitarian Hubs in the region and draft proposals to meet these needs and developments.
- Participate in operational meetings to discuss challenges, needs and routine operational matters. Communicate key discussions and recommendations to the HoSO and the Chief of Mission.
- Participate in the preparation of budget/spending plans, including the monitoring of cost recovery, and the provision of the necessary coordination with partners to ensure timely payments of invoices;
- Contribute in management of Hub resources in an efficient manner; update funding and expenditure spreadsheets, track resource utilization, make recommendations on spending plans.
- Draft quarterly procurement plans for the Hub.
- Oversee the work of humanitarian hub contractors’ work following the agreed specifications.
- Prepare and facilitate the implementation of and track Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) for long-term hub residents and partners institutions.
- Oversee the Humanitarian Hub’s functioning and facilities; coordinating repairs, maintenance and installation of infrastructure; manage the Humanitarian Hub front desk through oversight of booking systems, guests invoicing and the application of procedures and communicating to residents/guests on hub rules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinate the hiring and supervising of personnel for finance, Hub invoicing, cash collections, guest accommodation, including housekeepers, electricians, plumbers, daily labourer’s etc;
- Oversee the work of facility maintenance staff and other skilled /unskilled daily labourers; provide basic training as required and make recommendations where needed to improved their performance.
- Facilitate the planning and coordination of essential central services, manage the storage and stocks of consumables, equipment, and tools ensuring consumptions are properly monitored, maintenance records are properly archived, and Hub assets are properly kept and tracked.
- Submit weekly occupancy reports, cost recovery, weekly Hubs’ situation reports and other necessary monthly or quarterly reports. Facilitate the timely submission of reports to all concerned.
- Liaise closely with IOM SSU and facilitate the implementation of access control and fire/other hazard safety plans inside the hub; oversee the availability of adequate resources at the Hub in case of any such emergency.
- Receive complaints and ensure that facilities-related complaints are channeled to the HoSO.
- Draft documentation for facilitating the Chief of Mission chairing the humanitarian hub committee meetings with the United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator (UNHC). 16. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Political or Social sciences, International Relations, Business Administration, Engineering, logistics, economics or alternatively an equivalent combination of relevant training from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in project implementation in post conflict or transitional situations; experience working for a UN agency, International Organizations or NGOs is preferred;
- Experience in coordinating with other programme units and ability to establish and maintain working relations with government counterparts, UN agencies; and, Previous related experience in logistics and procurement is an advantage.
- Skills Knowledge and experience of UNDSS procedures an advantage
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- No late applications will be accepted.
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.