IITA, the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, develops agricultural innovations to address some of Africa’s most pressing issues, such as hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and resource depletion. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we work with many partners to increase employment, strengthen food and nutrition security, improve livelihoods, and preserve the integrity of natural resources. IITA is a partner in CGIAR, an organisation that conducts global agricultural research to guarantee future food security.
Recruitment is currently ongoing to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Project Administrator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Assist the project manager(s) with day-to-day project administrative processes and functions.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system/database on project activities/milestones and stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of sub-grant agreements/amendments and work with Project Development and Administration Unit (PDAU) to manage these agreements in line with donor agreements.
- Monitor timely completion of (quarterly, mid-term, annual) project milestones and liaise with implementing partners to ensure high quality technical and financial reports are submitted in a timely manner to PDAU, finance and Project M&E officer.
- Coordinate, set up Zoom/Teams links, and record minutes for regular meetings for the project management team, project advisory committee and other meetings with external/internal project partners.
- Handle logistical arrangements for project meetings, workshops, duty travels and accommodation (flight and hotel booking, travel authorization requests, visa requests, and travel advances as needed).
- Manage project related inventories, coordinate local and international purchases and follow up with finance and supply chain on processing invoices and payments.
- Liaise with the project finance officer and provide financial oversight to the project manager(s) on project budgeting, expenditures and burn rate.
- Follow up on engagement, delivery, and payments to Project consultants and short-term staff.
- Supervise junior staff in the project coordination team and assist in annual performance appraisals.
- Assist with preparing project reports and other communication materials such as project research highlights, stories, blogs and other social media posts.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with all Project stakeholders and support linkages with the Seed Equal Genetic Innovation Initiative as needed.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s in Business Administration, Project Management or any other related field with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience performing a similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online
- meeting/file sharing platforms (eg MS Teams, Google Docs, Zoom etc), with ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Be well organized, able to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines with keen attention to detail.
- Have a positive attitude, strong team spirit and excellent administrative service orientation.
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Experience in budgeting and financial management procedures.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
9th January 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.