IITA, the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, develops agricultural innovations to address some of Africa’s most pressing issues, such as hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and resource depletion. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we work with many partners to increase employment, strengthen food and nutrition security, improve livelihoods, and preserve the integrity of natural resources. IITA is a partner in CGIAR, an organisation that conducts global agricultural research to guarantee future food security.
Recruitment is currently ongoing to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Project Administrative Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: STS– National (6–months renewable contract)
- Make logistical arrangements for meetings, seminars, conferences, and duty travels (booking of flight and hotel, preparation of travel authorization (TA) requests, processing visa requests, and helping with payments of travel advances in case of need.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system and database on project activities and stakeholders.
- Provide general project administrative support.
- Participate and document deliberations during project meetings.
- Provide support for meetings, workshops, and training.
- Perform clerical duties.
- Perform any other job–related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
- B.Sc / HND in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Relations and Diplomacy or any other related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well–structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Ability to use basic Microsoft software (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Have strong multi–tasking abilities and problem solving skills.
- Have proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- Have the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Interested applicants should complete the online application through the link above attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e–mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.