AALI is an organization established in Nigeria with a vision of advancing leadership in transforming agriculture in Africa. Its core objectives are promotion of agricultural research for development in Africa; promotion of good leadership of agricultural programs for development in Africa through advising and capacity development of leaders; providing support for research projects related to agricultural development and youth empowerment by contributing to project formulation and implementation; building capacity of youth for agricultural development and agricultural research and the promotion of youth employment in agriculture.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on behalf of AALI seeks suitable applicants for the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant
Ref. No: IITA-HR-NRS2023-011
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National
Duration: 3-year renewable contract
- Prepare monthly activity report for all the IITA/AALI Hosting Agreement Cost Centers.
- Consolidate all reports from the stations into a single report for management purpose.
- Review transactions and resolves issues arising thereof.
- Handle Hosting agreement financial reports and re-imbursement to IITA.
- Provide timely justification of partners’ financial reports.
- Handle AALI’s consolidated justification reports and retrieves all backup support documents for PDAU and Donor reporting.
- Prepare and reviews ALLI’s different partnership agreements, and mapping/categorization of the respective expenses in line with Donor Report requirement.
- Participate in the initial budget development for each of the Hosting agreement Cost Centers.
- Monitor budget against actual spending, including compliance with instituted controls.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation and handles imprest reports, including attendant controls.
- Verify all partners’ expenses based on the support documents submitted with the financial reports on various AALI projects.
- Review all staff cost-related payments charged to AALI’s Cost Centers for propriety and correctness.
- Process AALI’s staff travel advances, claims and reimbursement.
- Handle AALI Fixed Asset register, including tagging and reconciliation.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s in Finance, Accounting or any related field with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment, possession of ACA/ACCA would be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong analytical mind, with hands-on experience in any major ERP/computer application e.g. Oracle application.
- Have excellent MS Office competence.
- Have a very pleasant personality, good team player, honest and good command of both written and oral English.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.