Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Owner, Payment Processing
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To support the growth of Interswitch’s payment products by delivering best software solutions to our innovative and industry leading products.
Strategy and Planning:
- Contribute to the vision and strategy development for allocated products, considering the trends in the industry both globally and locally to enable the attainment of the business objectives.
- Create a roadmap, aligned to the product strategy, and conduct periodic progress reviews to support the alignment of stakeholders towards a common goal and to drive the execution of the strategy.
- Support the development of the product road map and identifying growth opportunities for your product
- Work closely with the line manager to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Keep abreast with Agile best practices and new trends
Implementation and Measurement:
- Participate in the development of new products and innovations as a member of the project team and ensure that the scope and vision is adhered to enable the delivery of timely solutions.
- Carry out the role of a Product Owner in agile teams
- Coordinate the piloting of new products or features with clients, feedback the reviews, issues and defect to the project team for resolution to ensure the deployment of a fully functional, reliable product.
- Providing vision, direction, and feature list to meet customer requirements, to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Assess value, develop and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release / Sprint Goals
- Monitor and report on the performance of the product and identify any issues to ensure the sustained provision of stable and reliable services to all users.
- Provide technical support to sales and business development teams to enable the effective conversion of leads to revenue.
- Good 1st degree in relevant field / discipline
- Professional Qualification(s): Professional certifications in agile and scrum
- Experience (Number of relevant years): Minimum of 3 years experience product management with preferred experience in data-driven, highly competitive, complex, dynamic and digital environments such as payments & fintech, financial services or e-commerce.
Application Closing Date
How to Appy
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online