Kuda is an app-based, full-service digital bank. Our goal is to serve as the go-to bank for all members of the African diaspora, whether they reside on the African continent or elsewhere in the world. Kuda excels at assisting users with budgeting, frugal spending, and increased savings. It is free of obscene banking fees. We completed a Series A investment round in February 2021, headed by some of the world’s most astute venture capital investors, and raised the largest seed amount ever seen in Africa. Kuda is quickly emerging as the top “Neobank” for Africans, with offices in Lagos, Cape Town, London (our HQ), and other cities throughout the continent opening in 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Designer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job type: Full time
About the Role
- We’re looking for a Product Designer to create engaging designs according to requirements across the full suite of Kuda products.
- You will work under the supervision of the Product Design Lead to produce high-quality work.
- You will be involved in the full product development cycle: from early research and product strategy, to design and developer hand-off.
- You should have a strong understanding of design patterns on the web, mobile, strong visual and user experience sensibilities, and care deeply about the end-user experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
What you’ll be doing:
- Use various techniques to create drafts and prototypes
- Produce final design solutions
- Pitch creative and usable ideas
- Bring new ideas to life from sketching and wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes, visual design, asset production and developer handoff.
- Use feedback from other designers, customers, and team members to improve the product.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineers on the Retail, Business and Internal Product teams to launch features that impact the teams’ KPIs
What you’ll need (Experience & Qualifications):
- 1-3 years of experience designing and shipping both web and mobile products and tools
- Strong portfolio demonstrating visual and user experience design in similar products
- Experience with design software (we mostly use Figma)
- Familiarity with design techniques (e.g. prototyping, wireframing)
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, colors typography, and fonts)
- A razor sharp eye for detail
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions.
Nice To Haves:
- Knowledge of and interest in technology and financial services; prior experience working in fintech or digital payments a plus.
- Experience designing, maintaining and using a design system.
- Familiarity with UX writing.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience using graphics editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, illustrator)
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online