Procurement Specialist Job Recruitment at West African Health Organisation (WAHO). The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), with a mandate to ensure the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of the health of the people in the ECOWAS region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Reference No: FM/TEND/AMI/2020/01/bk
Location: Bobo-ioulasso, Burkina Faso
Duration: 1 year contract
- The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), with a mandate to ensure the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of health of the people in the EOWAS region.
- Within the framework of the Regional “Reproductive Health and HIV Prevention Programme in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)”, WAHO and the German Financial Cooperation
- (Kreditanstaltfiir Wiederaufbau / KFW) have agreed to establish a Regional Financing Mechanism for Reproductive Health Commodities.
- It is against this backdrop that WAHO seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Procurement Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Procurement Specialist for the Contraceptive Commodity Procurement Fund (CPF) of the Regional Financing Mechanism (RPM) will be responsible for assisting the RRHP/RFM Officer on a daily basis to effectively and efficiently execute activities, in particular those related to the implementation of the Commodity Procurement Fund (CPF).
Specifically. the Consultant’s tasks and responsibilities will consist of:
- Develop a database to monitor the quantification and distribution of(national) products;
- Review CPF funding requests from beneficiaries;
- Monitor and control the contraceptive commodity procurement process:
- Check the completeness of the tender documents;
- Check tender publications;
- Check bid review (evaluation report); Prepare draft contracts and official contracts;
- Follow-up on orders;
- Follow-up (in deliveries;
- Fill in the RFM contract monitoring plan;
- Organize and ensure efficient physical and electronic archiving of procurement documents;
- Monitor with the beneficiaries, the stocks of products procured by the programme; if necessary, make recommendations for commodity transfer;
- Contribute to the EWS (Early Warning System) and management of the national stock monitoring tool (PPMR) from a Total Market perspective;
- Accompany the Expert – Technical Assistant during visits to the countries covered by the Programme, and if necessary conduct country-visits independently and/or with other programme stakeholders (external consultant, donors, etc.).;
- Perform any other tasks within and in support of the management unit upon the request of the RFM Programme Officer;
- Conduct procurement activities in liaison with the Procurement Unit of WAHO.
Duration, Duty Station and Nature of Appointment
- This is a WAHO consultant and donor-funded position. The appointment will be for one (1) year subject to initial three (3) months’ probation.The contract may be renewed subject to the performance and the availability of project funds,The incumbent shall enjoy an attractive consolidated remuneration. The Procurement Specialist will be based at WAHO Headquarters in Bobo-Dioulasso, BURKINA FASO, but will travel in the ECO WAS region as required.
- Consultants interested in this notice are invited to express their interest. They should provide information showing that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services (Cover letter indicating the position applied for, detailed Curriculum Vitae – including description of past similar assignments, and experience – and copies of supporting documents).
- The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures for the selection of individual consultants set out in the ECOWAS Procurement Code.
Qualification, Experience and Core Competencies
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Management, Economies, Law, Engineering, Procurement, Health, Pharmacy or other related disciplines;
- Have a specialization / competence in health inputs procurement and inventory management
- Have at least five (5) years of professional experience in managing procurement process operations in a public or private institution;
- Demonstrated skills in the review of technical dossiers and in the preparation of tender documents in the pharmaceutical sector will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of central stores in the ECOWAS region and their organisation and management method will be an advantage;
- Experience with international donors’ procurement regulations, procedures and standard documents;
- Have professional experience in supporting and monitoring the supply chain management system
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their application by email to: email@example.com the subject of the email must indicate the position for which you are applying
- Additional information can be obtained at the following times: Monday-Friday 08:00 – 16:00 GMT with the Contact person at WAHO at this address: Mme Lalaissa Amoukou – firstname.lastname@example.org
- WAHO or KFW shall not bear any costs or expenses incurred by the individual Consultant in connection with the preparation or submission of the EOI.
- Qualified consultant may download the TORs on WAHO website at the following address: www.wahooas.org