Procurement Officer Job Recruitment at a Non-governmental Organization. We are a Non-governmental Organization working on the improvement of Heath Equity through sustained engagement with core element-approach which includes Research, Program deliver Technical Assistance and Education.
We are providing technical support for the Integrated Biological and Behavioral Surveillance Survey and we require the services of the position below for a short-term engagement towards the process of field implementation:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
>>Non-governmental Organization Recruitment 2020 / 2021 (6 Positions) | Non-governmental Organization Recruitment
Duration of Engagement: 4-5 months maximum
- Procurement Officer to manage the organization’s procurement supply management system.
- This role will take the lead in executing effective and efficient procurement and supply chain services in ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparent integrity and compliance with established procurement rules and regulations.
Terms of Reference
The Procurement Officer under the supervision of the National Team Lead, will carry out the following:
- Manage and monitor tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment
- Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategy; supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement
- Ensure timely preparation of procurement plans for projects and monitor their implementation by controlling processes including receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, evaluation and negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in fill compliance with our Procurement Manu1 and the GF guidance
- Be cognizant of lead time and supply chain logistics information to ensure project activities are not jeopardized
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Pharmacy or Social Science.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in logistics and supply chain management
- Relevant Certifications will be an added advantage.
- Proven working experience as a procurement officer or head of procurement for large organizations.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Skills in decision-making, negotiations and networking.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Submit a one-page Application Letter along with your CV and references online
- We are an equal opportunity organization that is committed to promoting, gender equality
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.