APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
To administer elements of the purchasing activity from material reacquisition to complete delivery to the company store.
Maintains accurate and detailed records of all orders placed and transactions up to the receipt of goods. Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material or equipment
• An opportunity to be part of a high-performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
• Working with partners, shareholders and other stakeholders.
• Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
• Find reliable sources to supply goods and services
• Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and
delivery capabilities for goods and services required.
• Estimate values according to the knowledge of market price, checking previous item prices and quotations and preparing comparison sheet for approval.
• Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
• Place orders for purchases and ensure proper followup for timely delivery.
• Procure capital items/consumables in accordance with company policy.
• Maintain procurement records such as items or services
purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
• Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services
with users, vendors and others to determine the source of the problem and take corrective action.
• Co-ordinate for all Imports including getting all necessary
documents for customs clearing liaising with clearing agent for customs clearing and handing over goods to stores section.
• Review requisitions to determine proper pricing and quality control
• Conduct/prepare periodic market survey/reports for price comparison
We are looking for
• Bachelor/Master’s degree holder
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Good working knowledge of IFS software will be an added
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Possess excellent organizational skills, very detail-oriented and
great at handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good networking, interpersonal, teamwork and communication
Method of Application