Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
- Leads evaluation and selection of suppliers in terms of quality, service, cost, and capability.
- Procurement of General ,consumable Items (MRO Items), AGO, Raw material and capex
- Participates in the development of sourcing strategies.
- Looks for productivity gains, which may include working with Improvement Leaders and Service Center personnel.
- Looks for alternative sources, through individual research, and working with other Buyers, Sr. Buyers, and Executive Buyers.
- Oversees contract implementation and supplier performance/interaction; involved with resolving operational issues.
- Documents issues for quality, service, safety, and supply (into the Sourcing quality data bases) and resolves issues with suppliers.
- Identifies and drives continuous improvement.
- Oversees contract implementation and supplier performance and interaction.
- Negotiates and delivers savings to meet business requirements and company objectives.
- Understands market dynamics, labor rates/market rates, etc. that may impact buy.
- Uses Auction Tools, RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and/or sealed bids.
- Creates leveraged agreements as appropriate.
- Calculates and reports accomplishments in all appropriate systems.
- Direct procurement policies to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints
- manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity, and reliability
- Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts.
- End to end process knowledge of Import & Export of commodity and consumable items
- Understanding local government EXIM rules and regulation.
- Should have passed Engineering + MBA preferred from a good institute and have 5-7 years experience in handling end to end procurement in a mass manufacturing company
- Good Hands on Contract Management.
- Experience in DIRECT Procurement of General and consumable Items. (MRO Items), AGO, packaging material and asset purchases.
- Spend analysis.
- High competency level in SAP MM,SAP Ariba
- Well Versed with process of EXIM Certification & documentation process.
Application Closing Date
Method of Applications
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online