Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty center and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multi-specialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency / trauma center, radiology diagnostic center, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theaters, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multi-specialty hospital
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Purpose of the Role
- The Procurement Manager is responsible for overseeing the Group’s overall procurement processes, ensuring the procurement of goods and services are in line with the budget and projection, and providing regular procurement mentoring to employees to support company goals.
Key Performance Areas:
- Implement procurement policies, processes and strategies, ensuring plans are aligned with organizational objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective long-term relationships with existing and potential suppliers in the industry.
- Conduct periodic supplier/contractor performance evaluation for quality improvement and provide/discuss outcome with suppliers.
- Manage regulatory compliance procedures related to procurement.
- Develop or improve on procedures to maintain the efficiency of sourcing operations.
- Identify, negotiate and realize cost saving initiatives that deliver value in the procurement of goods and services.
- Work with the legal team to negotiate terms of contracts and SLAs.
- Liaise with key company employees to determine their product and service needs and ensure 100% on-time delivery, proactively identify risks and address issues.
- Deliver stronger control, accuracy and integrity across core business processes and systems.
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Ensure adherence to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Keep abreast of changing industry trends.
- Compile and maintain a purchasing manual of all FF&E.
- Oversee a team of procurement employees.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- B.A / B.Sc in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or another relevant qualification.
- MBA in Supply Chain Management is desirable.
- Seven (7) years previous experience, 2yrs of which should be in the capacity as Procurement Manager.
- Certification in purchasing management.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of processes, policies and systems.
- Proficient computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the Company’s organizational needs change.