In West Africa, MainOne Cable is a top facilitator and go-to supplier of cutting-edge telecom services and network solutions, including connectivity and data centre solutions, for telecom operators, ISPs, other companies, and governmental organisations.
The success of MainOne Cable is founded on the ability of our employees to be leaders in their professions and to be exceptionally talented and skilled. You won’t find another job like the one you have at MainOne. Joining MainOne will make you feel challenged, proud, and inspired as you become a part of something significant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Inventory Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Technical Procurement and Inventory Officer will be responsible for carrying out administrative activities within the Technical Procurement Unit, in order to support the procurement strategies of MainOne.
Other responsibilities shall include the:
- Coordinate the accurate completion of purchase requisitions from user units within the Technical department and other Non-Technical functions;
- Review requisitions/purchase requisitions for the procurement of technical items, ensuring they are properly approved and within budget.
- Support sourcing, processing and evaluation of valid quotations/tenders for approved items;
- Review vendor registration documentation as part of pre-qualification process.
- Engage in negotiations of quotations from vendors/suppliers for operational requirements with the guidance of Procurement Manager.
- Support processing of import documentation requirements and logistics management.
- Ensure all purchase orders are authorized by Management, dispatched to vendors for acknowledgement and file with supporting documents in appropriate folder on DMS.
- Review vendor invoices and ensure they are in line with PO and contract terms and process payment requests for payments due.
- Support contracts management effectively according to agreed terms and process renewals for contracts when due.
- Co-ordinate and manage cost of sales requirements from the requesting units/departments;
- Support the implementation and administration of inventory management policies and procedures across business jurisdictions.
- Provide support for the maintenance of updated inventory records on D365.
- Be abreast of the latest inventory management and material handling tools, technology and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate authorization for the release of stocks as well as proper documentation for relocation of items;
- Proactively track the movement of inventory items from one location to another;
- Update system records of items against physical balances.
- Support periodic demand planning to determine needs and requirements for goods and services
- Generate reports periodically as may be required.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or Science related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ post-NYSC experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management and/or Finance environment
- Integrity and ability to deal with confidential information are essential.
- Ability to define and understand technical requirements.
- Good sourcing and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS office suite
- Good working knowledge of data processing and management
- Ability to work and deliver promptly within tight timelines with minimal supervision.
- Good working knowledge of ERP system.
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability to work extra hours.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online