Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Private Sector Engagment Consultant
Locations: Bauchi, Kebbi, Sokoto
- Consultancy services for the development of a market based private sector engagement strategy based on the findings and recommendations of the IHP private Sector Landscape Analysis ( PSLA)
Type of Contract:
- This is a firm-fixed price deliverable-based contract. The consultant is expected to satisfactorily accomplish the deliverables before he/she gets paid for that deliverable. The IHP Chief of Party reserves the right to confirm if a deliverable is delivered adequately or otherwise. No price change is expected after contract is signed. IHP will not pay for cost of any deliverable that is not complete, of quality or on time.
Anticipated Contract Term:
- The anticipated performance period for the consultancy is February 14, 2021 – May 30, 2021. As a firm fixed price consultancy based on deliverables, Palladium will only pay for deliverables that have met the standards and expectations of the program and which is also delivered within assigned timelines.
- IHP is looking for consultants to work with the State Ministry of Health (SMOH), the National Primary Health Care Development Agency and the IHP technical team in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto states to provide technical assistance for the development of a market-based private sector engagement strategy based on the findings and recommendations of the IHP Private Sector Landscape Analyses (PSLA) in the states
Anticipated Contract Term:
- The anticipated performance period for the consultancy in each state is February 15, 2021 to May 30, 2021. As a firm fixed price consultancy based on deliverables, Palladium will only pay for deliverables that have met the standards and expectations of the program and which is also delivered within assigned timelines.
Roles and Responsibilities
In collaboration and consultation with IHP’s field and HQ experts, undertake the following activities in each state: Organize and facilitate a multi-day stakeholder engagement workshop to initiate discussions with key government and private sector stakeholders on how to increase private sector engagement in the health sector. The workshop is envisioned to target different groups of stakeholders across several different sessions and will start with presenting key findings from the state PSLA. The consultant will:
- Arrange for IHP to present the findings of the state PSLA.
- Consult closely with the IHP state team to leverage existing relationships with SMOH, other state government officials, and private sector stakeholders to identify key influencers.
- Lead workshop preparations in close collaboration with the State MOH and IHP state team, including ensuring that proper protocols are followed for government officials, invitations, etc.
- Prepare the list of participants (government, private sector, and key stakeholders), agenda, organize, and facilitate the multi-day workshop in collaboration with SMOH and the IHP state team, ensuring participation from key stakeholders.
- Facilitate a plenary of the senior officials from the government, private health sector and partners at the workshop and guide a consensus around the next steps for the PSLA recommendations.
- Write a report of the workshop and agreed-upon next steps.
Follow-up on agreed-upon next steps from the workshop, support development of a private sector engagement strategy and advocate for its inclusion in the new five-year State Strategic Health Plan (2021-2025) currently under development: 2.1. Facilitate setting up of a multi-stakeholder taskforce for development of a state PSE strategy. The taskforce will be comprised of the Government, private health sector, national and international organizations:
- Facilitate the taskforce meetings, set agenda, lead discussions, and collect buy-in of the taskforce members on the strategic plan.
- As necessary, conduct discussions with key stakeholders to get their buy-in on the PSE strategy.
- Work closely with the SMOH and IHP to develop the outline/framework of the strategic plan, facilitate presentation of the framework to the taskforce and finalize the framework.
- Work closely with the SMOH and IHP to draft the first version of the PSE strategy and support the SMOH in presenting it during a stakeholders’ workshop. The first version of the strategic plan should include illustrative resources requirements (inputs such as human resources) for implementation of the strategy and an M&E results framework.
- Elicit feedback on the drafts from IHP in-country and Palladium HQ and incorporate into the draft documents.
- Incorporate the feedback of stakeholders and assist the SMOH in preparing the final draft of the PSE strategy.
- Assist the SMOH with dissemination of the strategic plan to stakeholders through a dissemination workshop.
- Advocate for inclusion in the next State Strategic Health Plan (2021-2025).
Strengthen SMOH, the Private Health Facilities Registration and Regulating Authority (PHFRRA) (or its equivalent) and a multi-disciplinary team to lead private sector regulation discussions and oversee coordination and operationalization efforts. 3.1. Support SMOH to draft terms of reference, support kick-off meeting, development of annual workplan, and quarterly meetings of multi-disciplinary team to lead private sector engagement in the state:
- Support the SMOH/PHFRRA in developing an operational plan for the SMOH/PHFRRA unit and the multidisciplinary team.
- Support SMOH/ PHFRRA in the development of a capacity building plan that allows for planning for adequate resources and staffing and setting of short- and medium-term goals.
- Conduct training for the SMOH/PHFRRA and the multidisciplinary team members to operationalize the PSE strategy.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Economics, Public Administration, Public Health or a relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience in strengthening government stewardship (preferably for the private sector), systems strengthening, public-private partnerships, policy/strategy development in health (preferably) or other relevant sectors in Nigeria.
- Experience of working with private sector required, more specifically and with the private health sector or private sector in support of health preferred.
- Experience in multi-sectoral coordination and networking with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience carrying out similar assignments in Nigeria particularly at the sub-national level.
- Analytical skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills (negotiation, facilitation, presentation of results)
Application Closing Date
11.59pm (WAT) 3rd February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates (Bidders) are expected to submit both technical and financial bids and in two separate emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating as part of the subject matter of the email whether “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid” and also quoting the RFP number as it appears on the cover page. Applications received will have a validity period of six months.
For more details concerning this consultancy and other associated application tools, please: Click Here for More Information (PDF)
Note: No late application will be received after the deadline.