Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal, Business Development Lead (West, East Africa and Indian Ocean Islands) Data & Services
Reference ID: R-178391
Employment Type: Full Time
- MasterCard Advisors, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, information and risk management services to financial institutions, merchants, fintechs and governments worldwide.
- With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances MasterCard’s strategic and tactical performance and establishes MasterCard’s global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
- Lead all lines of MasterCard Advisors Business (Consulting Services, Marketing Services, Insights and Analytics, Innovation Services and Loyalty) for clients across 20 countries in Anglophone West Africa, East Africa and Indian Ocean Islands.
- Deliver against sales targets for existing accounts and/or contribute to MasterCard Worldwide deal bids
- Capture senior and mid-level clients’ implicit business needs in addition to articulated requests, and identify most critical aspects of the problem
- Translate objectives into key hypotheses and structure work for large/complex projects or ill-defined problems.
- Contribute to formal and informal pitches, from “storyboarding” through face-to-face presentation.
- Create succinct, persuasive written materials tailored to the “level” of the audience.
- Contribute to project delivery, quickly identifying shortcomings in projects and take remedial action.
- Contribute as a thought leader to the development of intellectual capital, point of views, articles, and blogs.
- Leverage deep knowledge of all the MasterCard Advisors capabilities and how they fit together to offer new innovative solutions.
All About You
- Undergraduate Degree required.
- MBA or relevant Postgraduate recommended.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in top management consulting firms and in relevant industry
- Knowledge of payments market, trends and opportunities
- Demonstrated track record of commercial acumen i.e. qualification, prioritization
- Demonstrates the ability to initiate, develop, and close a sale.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to frame the customer’s opportunity in financial terms (i.e. value quantification)
- Ability to think from the perspective of the customer.
- Ability to gain consensus with others and coordinate team of consultants and subject matter experts around goal.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online